Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to calculate Javaline Skill damage with synergies ifra

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by harmonixer, Jun 26, 2008.

1. harmonixer

harmonixer IncGamers Member

How to calculate Javaline Skill damage with synergies

Dear All,

I have question about how to calculate Javazon damage with synergies, I will use my current stats for reference.

Lightling Fury: 28
    Lightling Strkie: 18
    Lightling Orb: 6
    Charged Strike 25
    Power Strike: 21

Using lightling fury for reference:

Every level increase for lightling fury is +40 dmg per level, so with 580 at lvl 20, weapon's damage is not considered

lvl 28 Lightling Fury Damage (without synergies) is
    580 + 8 x 40 = 900. (or this could be wrong, I don't know)

With 900 damage in mind, let's add all Synergies
    900 + 900 * [0.01 * (18+6+25+21)] =
    900 + 900 * 0.7 =
    900 + 630 =

So right now, my Lightling Fury should have 1530 damage, but my damage only states 1431, which means there's something wrong with either my calculation or assumption.

Can anyone point out my mistakes? Also, I've seen people doing 4K damage with Lightling Fury (or at least was told). Besides leveling up all lightlings kills, what other ways I can improve my damage exponoentially?

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: How to calculate Javaline Skill damage with synergies

only hard points count for synergies, thus you lvl 25 and 21 can only be as high as 20. And therefore, probably, your 18 and 6 will have to be less aswell.

P.S. note that your real damage will be much higher due to the number of bolt released and the number of pierces you can have and that therefore, using thundergods isn't smart.
    If you really want high damage, you need much more skill - 12 alone can come from charms - and you need + lightning damage as found on facets, ormus and griffons eye.

3. harmonixer

harmonixer IncGamers Member

Thank you for your reply.

I have one more question. How does + lightling Attack plays in the formula? Does it add to base damage before it is multiply by synergies, or just add damage done physically?

4. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

If you look at the formula, you find 3 different factors.

base * synergies * mastery.

So if you want, you can assume that mastery such as from griffons directly affect the base damage. Or you could say it affects the damage after synergies. Multiplications are associative and commutative so it doesn't matter.

P.S. just to make sure, if has to be %lightning damage as found on facets and griffon. Using elemental damage doesn't transfers, so using dream helm/shield isn't that useful as some think it is.