Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to build you army quickly in Hell?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by pliu, Feb 2, 2004.

1. pliu

pliu Banned

How to build you army quickly in Hell?

As a pure summon, I have difficult to raise my skeleton army at hell difficulty when my merc died and no money to rescue it.
    Even with mecr still not that easy. Anyone have a good idea how to raisethe skeleton army quickly at hell difficulty?

2. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

If you have the portal from anya still available, use it and raise the corpses before they wake up. Then get out asap. You can raise 11 skellies, 6 mages and a few revives with practice.

3. mc_garb

mc_garb IncGamers Member

Well....

It depends, if u have a good level merc that can kill things in blood moor coz thats easiest...but if your in act 5 hell u can go to the pindle portal and quickly raise some minions from the corpses lying on the ground. other wise just go with act 1.

Wierd.....

http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=mechsoldier

4. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

My first question is concerning your merc... You should by the time you reach hell have a might merc with decent enough gear to easily kill off the act 1 monsters. Amp curse, attract, and Ce will give you enough carvers to raise your army quickly...

Otherwise Anya's portal is the easiest way to raise an army of skellies.

In a pinch you could raise a few from the bloody foothills just outside of harrogath.. there ususally are a few dead monsters lying on the ground near the gate.

5. pliu

pliu Banned

So how to keep the merc alive and what is good gear for the merc?

6. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Hi folks, I have a brilliant idea. How about attract? I never tried it because my merc is so good. Go to the Cold Plain WP and curse with attract. Wait until one monster kills the other and raise a skeleton. Based on my experience, if you have just one skeleton, you're on the way.

7. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Also, if you didn't build the attract curse. Find an NPC and buy one wand that gives +skill to attract. This should be obvious.

8. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Well first equip him with resistance gear... I use an ethereal guardian angel and ethereal kelpie snare... I also have him use tal's mask for the 15% life steal. That keeps him leaching while he's fighting.

Keep some juv pots handy for quick heals...

You should also make sure your merc is within 5 lvls of you. If there is a big gap hire another merc or go back to nm and lvl him up by running baal yourself.. BTW running baal nm solo is a good way to find merc gear... and who knows you might find something useful as well.

I'm lvl 82 atm with my skelli mancer... and my merc is 82 as well.

Life tap curse will also help your merc heal in a pinch.

9. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

Cold Plains WP. Your merc should be able to tank there. I always head there and raise the army before I head off to the pits. Actually found my humonculus there :) (no I am not suggesting that people should MF in the Cold Plains).

Attract rocks! I use it all the time. Get the monsters attacking each other and they aren't attacking you.

10. chien

chien IncGamers Member

I'd suggest use a strong merc (might merc) to have your first corpse. I found that although attract or confuse can distract the monsters, but they are really hard to produce the "first" corpse. They starts to beat each other, but stop before any of them is dead..

11. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

How about recasting the curse?

12. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

It's 10%. Resistances are 15%

13. chien

chien IncGamers Member

hehe, yeah, recast might be a good idea.. But, the problem in Hell mode is that usually, you'll have a group of mob with the same immunity (plus same attack with that immune, lol). Even without above problem, i still prefer have a merc to help out (I need the might aura,anyway) :)

PS: plus,I only have 1 point in attract and confuse (with plus skill about 6 or 8).. still very short duration in Hell mode I think.

14. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

1 point in Attract wit +6 gives about 9 seconds. Should be enough to get a corpse.

15. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

Attract helps, but I've found it's more useful as a means of distracting a group of monsters to help your merc kill them than having it be a fast way to get a corpse. Monsters take a while to take their friends down.

But, like I said, it's a great distraction. I always cast a couple on Pindleskin's friends and it always stops their charges (well, they just charge their friends). I also use it just like others have mentioned, in getting a corpse when anya's portal isn't up.