Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to build a decent MF gear based on the Tal set?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Nicole, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Nicole

Nicole IncGamers Member

How to build a decent MF gear based on the Tal set?

I'd like to make a decent MF gear based on my Tal set. Saying decent I meant at MF 300 I'd be really happy and MF 400 would make me thrilled. Much appreciation.

2. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Do socket quest. Get armour and mask socketed. Put IST or P Topaz in and guess what you get?

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

User IST+Oculus and PTopaz Shako with Tal's Armor+PTopaz/Amu/Belt and you get: 346MF Ali-Baba and Rhyme on switch for bosses and you get even more...
    Now add the rest of MF from your gear ;)

4. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

Listen to melianor :p That's the way to take advantage of Tal's partial set bonus, get some great resist from the armor and ammy and then have more mf from occy and harlequin's crest. you can easily get 400+% mf with some mf boots/chancies/rings/charms added to those suggestions

5. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

I'll counter-point. Use ist'd Tal's Orb and Ptopazed Tal's Mask for the full set instead of ist'd Occy ptopazed Shako and Tal's armor/belt/ammy.

True, Occy and Shako would give you exactly 100% more magic find, from just that equipment alone.

However, you will be giving up a lot...too much, in my opinion.
    -A TON of damage and kill speed...roughly 15% damage from the cold tree, and almost 27% damage from the fire tree (would be the same in the lightning tree).
    -A lot of life and mana.
    -25% faster hit recovery (nice if you telebaal)
    -A rather large 45% resist all.

That is a LOT of extra kill speed...doing your runs that much faster and safer (the faster they're dead, the less chance that you yourself will get killed) is a huge bonus.
    That resist all can actually help your magic find a LOT. I like to run max resistances. 45% resists takes a lot of charms to make up for...in a perfect world, nine 5% all resists small charms. It's a lot easier to pick up gheed's and 7% mf charms than it is to pick up 5% sc's...and 9 7%'s is 63 magic find.

I'll sum up my character:
    -Ist'd Tal Orb
    -Ptopazed Tal Mask and armor
    -Tal's belt and ammy
    -Now running a Um/Ist/Ist Headhunter's shield
    -2 sojs
    -38 chance guards, 48 war travs
    -Anni, 40% gheeds, and 20 7% mf charms
    -Weapon switch: dual-ist'd Baba and 3-isted Headhunters

Adding that up, I run 382% MF from my main equipment, and another 180% from charms, for a respectable 562% magic find from my standard killing gear. I get another 222% magic find on my weapon switch for the final boss blow, boosting that to 784%. My merc runs an eth tomb reaver (amn/ist/ist), ptopazed shako, and ptopazed upgraded skullders for another 317% magic find, so if he gets the kill, it's at 1101% magic find total.

Both me and my merc have max resists, which I find necessary for soloing baal at a decent speed. I COULD boost that magic find another 60% by using two 30% nagels, but I prefer to run 2 sojs for the kill power and massive boost to energy shield effectiveness.

I went into a lot more detail here:
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=151250&page=1&pp=25

I can just tell you from experience...solo baal runs take me almost twice as long running occy and shako over tal's to complete the set, and it's a lot more dangerous. I also either have to change out a ton of my charms, or go back to my 3-um'd headhunters, meaning I'm actually only gaining 50% magic find at best.