Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to best skill a 1.13 Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by raevynn, Jul 21, 2010.

1. raevynn

raevynn IncGamers Member

How to best skill a 1.13 Sorc?

Hey guys,

I've been absent from LoD for a long, long time, and even back then I used to play mods mostly. I've now digged up my old CDs and started playing 2 player IP games, currently with an Amazon. It's pretty hard without good stuff, but I'm getting there...

Anyway, I want to play a sorc as well, but I'm clueless on how to skill her. Back in the old days pretty much the only option was a Frozen Orb sorc. Is that still the skill to go? I'm just looking for an easy to play PvM sorc (keeping in mind that I have pretty much NO good items at all), so I'd be happy if you could point me to some 1.13 guides or tell me how to best skill her! :)

Which skill should I use as main attack?
    Which as secondary attack? (And how many points here?)
    How many points should I put into Static Field?
    Which armor should I use (Frozen/Chilling/etc.) and how many points should I put in it?
    How many points for Thunderstorm?
    How many for Energy Shield?
    How many stat points should I put in Strength / Dex / Vitality / Energy?
    ..etc.. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Re: How to best skill a 1.13 Sorc?

Welcome back :)

All the guides are still good for 1.13, although some of them are outdated in the equipments section. Just know that full Tal's is what you want for a dual-tree sorc.

1. Depends on the build you choose; (I recommend looking up Meteorb, Orb-it-aller, pure Blizz, CL/FO)
    2. Ditto;
    3. 1;
    4. 1 in Frozen or Shiver (Shiver only if you develop the Cold tree), and even that is not absolutely needed;
    5. 0. Or 1 if you develop the Light tree, if you wish;
    6. 0. Unless you build around it, it will do much more harm than good;
    7. Strength for gear (the heaviest will be a Spirit Monarch, 156 req), full Vita. You can respec now, so tight planning isn't really needed. A few points in Energy early on could make things a lot smoother, but in the end you won't want any point spent in that at all.

Don't forget 1 point in Warmth. ;)

Good luck!

3. raevynn

raevynn IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answers! This seems quite different from what my old b.net sorcys were like, usually they looked like this:

Frozen Orb: 20
    Cold Mastery: 20
    Warmth: 20
    Chilling Armor: 1
    Static Field: 1
    Thunderstorm: 1
    Teleport: 1
    Telekinesis: 1
    Energy Shield: 20
    Hydra: 1
    ...plus Synergy stuff

Of course that's ages ago. But if the Guides are not that out of date, I'll take a look at some of them. I will probably have to go with a One-Tree build because I don't have ANY good items, least of all any Tal Rasha stuff ;)

4. Grapeape

Grapeape IncGamers Member

you'd be better off with a dual element build, for a couple of reasons. one being that there are very few single tree builds that are hell viable, and even at that they require that you use expensive runewords (I.E. infinity, for light). so hence going dual element to handle the immunities that you will incounter in hell. You dont "need" tal's set to do it, although it is really nice for starting out you could use just whatever you find, or if your on Bnet im sure you could get some of the peices for some Pgems.

5. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

Grapeape is right, though it depends on what you're going to use the sorc for. If you're going to use the sorc for general pvm play (questing, rushing, mfing various places) then definitely go with 2 elements. There are now a LOT of monsters in hell with immunities to one or more of Fire/Cold/Light, and it sucks to be the blizz sorc who destroys 65% of creatures and stands around helpless for other 35%.

For dual-element builds, I highly suggest fire/cold. They are the best with little to no items. Meteorb (misnomer, as the main attacks are fireball and orb, not meteor and orb), and Orb-it-aller are the two best. go for a meteorb build if you like fire spells more, and an orb-it-aller if you like cold spells (i.e. frozen orb) better. Both are great, both can beat the game in all difficulties with crap items. Both have guides in the sticky at the top of the forum.

One more thing: if you are building this sorc to ONLY mf, or you are 100% sure to always be playing with another player, then you could go the single-element route. The best single tree sorc for new players is a blizz sorc.

Best of luck and have fun with your new sorc!

-f