How to beat a smiter with my set up

SgtPPS

Diabloii.Net Member
How to beat a smiter with my set up

Grief Zwei (I still get laughed at and called a noob even after I kill them)
S/S
Dungos
Rends
Arreat
angelic set up for bvb
T-god, 2 ravens, highlords for all other duels

Now I know I cannot make Beast in a sword.
So how do I beat a smiter? Other than keep running around hoping they will chase then w/w them and they are dead. However, 99/110 times they just stand there and smite away and then say hey noob stop runing and duel.

Suiginto

Diabloii.Net Member
Change the glove to dracula's for the 25% open wounds.

I personally use an arachind mesh for the 10% slow down against smiters so i can get more hits in before they can attack me.

About the beast part, I'll say use a Beast zerker even tho that isnt your weapon mastery, but just for the open wounds and more hits in them.

Also, you never did state your armor..

SgtPPS

Diabloii.Net Member
Suiginto said:
Change the glove to dracula's for the 25% open wounds.

I personally use an arachind mesh for the 10% slow down against smiters so i can get more hits in before they can attack me.

About the beast part, I'll say use a Beast zerker even tho that isnt your weapon mastery, but just for the open wounds and more hits in them.

Also, you never did state your armor..
Sorry Amor is Fort.. Hmm I am half tempted to try and trade my 2/2/-45 death web for beast and grief zerkers and restart.

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say to try and get those Berserkers. The problem is that even if you get them, you need to get more DR somewhere else, meaning a CoA which is not only expensive but demands a lot of Strength as well.

smackme

Diabloii.Net Member
SgtPPS said:
Grief Zwei (I still get laughed at and called a noob even after I kill them)
S/S
Dungos
Rends
Arreat
angelic set up for bvb
T-god, 2 ravens, highlords for all other duels

Now I know I cannot make Beast in a sword.
So how do I beat a smiter? Other than keep running around hoping they will chase then w/w them and they are dead. However, 99/110 times they just stand there and smite away and then say hey noob stop runing and duel.
If they use PB Grief, just whirl near them, not too close though :)

If they use BA, then you might have trouble if you can't dualwield.