Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to be PK'd

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Unholy_VI, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

How to be PK'd

Heh. I have been trying to put together some

of the all important 0wn4g3 j00ls or whatever you call them that you seem to need to have a pk char. well... about 50 cow runs later with my nifty CL sorc... I have exactly ONE 14 max damage jewel.

Now of course i found some other good low level unis and set items but i really didnt want to use them until I had the jewels to make areally effective char.

But I'm not patient enough for 400 more cow runs so I went ahead and made a zeal guy. Not going to give the whole set up but its got a fair amount of IAS, a paladin shield with some %damage and his weapon is a 5 socket military pick with 5 iths.

his level 15 damage pvp is around 50-55 per hit of zeal which comes off very quickly. not great at all I know but hey, I'm poor!

I entered a game with necromancers level 15 and 17. they offered me to party and I accepted then hostiled them. They immedately started planning for how they were going to be pk'd. After all it isnt that easy to get pkd by a half-equipped level 15 paladin.

The first point they agreed on was that they definitely should not leave the area they were in under any circumstances. This was sound tactical planning for insuring their demise.

Next they decided that one of the necros should use teeth on me while the other one used his fearsome skeleton minions. Most people trying to be pkilled would have to agree that this is a stroke of genius and nearly sealed their fate.

when I got to them (From the front as many of the good pkers here have advised) there was the one guy shooting teeth at me, the other one was trying to get me amped. both were stayign relatively still.

I zealed the first one. he almost died but was able to get way when my attacks started hitting his minions. he made a very serious error here. He TP'd to town. up to that point he was well on his way to acheiving his goal of getting pk'd. This ruined it for him.

His friend however was the determined one. he kept shooting teeth at me while I zealed him to shreds. then there was the obligitory you $^%%%#$5 that was lame! blah blah blah.

I was running around his body hitting the numberpad so it said oops! oppps! forgive me! over and over.

so as you can see, there is an art to bing pk'd. Not just anyone can do it. I hope this is helpful to those who wish to die to pkers but havent quite been able to yet.

BTW I'm not tring to bragg about my pking. This was my first 1.10 ear and I'm pretty excited about it! I used a basic build someone else came up with and other people's tactics and if the guy had half a brain I never would have killed him. So no, I'm not Mr. 0ob4r pk3r! and I'm not saying I have all the m4d 5killz.

2. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

So, what you are saying is that a lvl 15 or 17 PvM necro stayed and tried to kill a lvl 15 hostiling paladin with teeth??? That's not an every day occurance :lol:

3. laughingtiger

laughingtiger IncGamers Member

LOL! They should be a nominated for the Darwin Awards.! :lol:

4. Unholy_VI

The teeth guy.

I'm picturing him running through the den of evil at level 3 fighting toe to toe with corpsefire and his minions. His red bulb is down to a sliver and he has no potions left

just then corpsefire dies dropping...

A rare necro head with +3 to teeth!

Seeing this as a sign from the blizzard gods he then shops akara for several hours until the 00b4r l33t +3 teeth wand shows up in Akara's shop. with trembling hands he clicks the mouse and his toothomancer (Dentist?) is now the envy of the entire realms.

At this point he takes a minute to let the magnitude of his greatness sink in. He soberly realizes than anyone with the godly +6 to teeth has a responsability to protect those not as fortunate from the evil pkers of the realm. He vows to use his awesome power to defeat these evil doers and return righteousness to the realms forever!

heh well maybe not! his buddy was taunting me after the game though. When I told him he was lucky he lived he said:

'ROFL I'm not a noob I use Chicken!'

Ahem... Anyhow maybe the other guy was using it too and my last hit was just a bit more than he had it set for.

we can always hope.

**EDIT**
    Omg My second ear was even worse. I went to a game with a 16 asn and challenged it to a duel. The asn came out to fight and was using shockweb.

How can this game have been out this long and people be this clueless?

5. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Where do you pk?! I'm so jealous! I wouldn't care if I died as long as I can watch people like that play. :)

My laugh meter is approaching full already, thanks for the stories.

Lucky

6. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

What realm are you on exactly? Because if you say Europe I won't belive you.

Congrats though. I think.

7. Unholy_VI

I'm on east. There seem to be a lot of like 10-14 year olds that play in the pubbie games. just had a sorc offer a shako for my little guy's ear.

I should have paid attention to who so I could have a friend kill me and get the shako!

8. RottweilExpress

*mumbles ..immediatly start pkaccount on east...*mumbles some more*

9. Ratel-OWNS-Ity

Ratel-OWNS-Ity IncGamers Member

that is a really funny pk story. Maybe thats why BtK started on east. I know on west everyone is a freaking chicken.

10. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

West is all about playing HC the 1.09 way.

11. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

ya right after your friend kills you and puts the ear on trade window, the sorc leaves. GG time wasted.

You make a game called "pk me now", eventually u will get pked. :surprise:

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I personally beleive that a large amount of SC peeps havent gotten rathers bored and made the move in the las month or two. Its all good, and I am glad to see new populas but with that you knwo there will be those with absolutely no clue of HC.

As stated several times PKers kill the "new players", not exactly a great accomplishment!

13. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

And what the heck does that mean? :rant: I play on West and I managed to adapt and overcome. :thumbsup:

TM

14. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Terry is is no different East or West as there are a great % of the players that just cant or havent adapted to 1.10. Its like that thread abotu the two stupid pallys taking on the FE in Maggot.......God they might as well of just SnE and erased!

At least they got to hear the screams of death!

15. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

bleh.....where oh where has all the pk's gone. Messing around with a lil kickersin and I've yet to be hostiled. I used to be a pk magnet but now they're no-where to be found.

*continues looking*

And I'll probably make that telecro sometime next week Lu.

16. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

Yesterday I needed some sewerrun's for my level 10 necro and every single game was crowded with lvl 19 pally's and even some level 44 sorc. The sorc tried desperately to orb everyone that entered the sewers and went from game to game.

That's europe. It's terrible. It reminded me of the fact that you can use level restrictions though, which is good :idea:

17. RottweilExpress

As I have stated earlier this week, I've hardly seen a PK in weeks on EHCL. It's wierd.

18. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

That is just called SOD's Law - if I am ever levelling a duelling charac, noone ever hostiles. Log on with my inferno sorc however and the rest of the world wants my ear:(

Maybe it is in the names - I should start naming Pk's Le_Pacisfist or somesuch :idea:

Chill

19. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

yeah, it's strange. i haven't been hostiled in quite a while... oh, wait, once last week in a questing game. Not even a baal run or anything, but a game called "meph to baal". Needless to say, we all tped to town and waited for the guy to leave, then went back to the chaos sanc. Kinda wierd...

20. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

its not even a dueler. dual claw, semi-untwiked sin - why that generally equates to a flashin neon light shouting "pk me".

bah.....