Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how to activate skills

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by onishin, Jul 3, 2008.

1. onishin

onishin IncGamers Member

how to activate skills

I understand we can still assign 2 skills to mouse buttons, but about the other skills (on the hotbar), they seem to be activated by pressing keys (altough I just have one confirmation, the one that has a cooldown).
    I really don't like this. I know its faster but i'd rather assign skills and click, I didn't like WOW much because when I press keys to cast a spell, it doesn't feel like its "me" casting. Its as if suddenly I had to press "3" to swing my sword, its just not natural..

There were some skills the player activated but I don't know if they're the ones in the hotbar, because there was no cooldown animation. Any ideas?

2. Mythor

Mythor IncGamers Member

Re: how to activate skills

I'm expecting you'll be able to just bind two skills to the buttons and change them up occasionally and do okay without having to hit the 1-5 skill buttons often/at all.
    I don't mind having to hit buttons in that respect, so long as it's not going to go overboard and requires multiple rows of buttons to cover all the skills and any usable items, etc.

3. Sequitur

Sequitur IncGamers Member

Re: how to activate skills

Pretty much what Mythor said.

Two mouse skills, interchangeable with another set of two, that can be changed with the Tab button.

Hotbar skills will be 1-something, (which is how the player activated them, I'm sure, answering your question) although I think I'd prefer pots (if they have them?) on 1-4 with skills on the rest, since the hotbar skills may not be used as much.

I think it works ok. I'd be happy with it.

edit Now that I think about it, the player may have activated them using hotkeys somwhere else on the keyboard?

Just a thought..