Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to achieve AR to hit in pvp

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MasterMegatron, Oct 14, 2006.

1. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

How to achieve AR to hit in pvp

I have trouble missing pallies in pvp. Their def is usually 50k using eth bug armors and my AR is like 25k even with two angelics. Does anyone know how i can get more AR? How can i achieve the ideal 40k AR?

Gear for fighting pallies:

Helm: ber ber coa
    Jewellery: angelics set
    Weapon: eth tomb reaver
    Belt: vendungoes
    Boots: gore riders
    Gloves: bloodfists

Inventory: Torch, anni, 9 ss, mix of plain life and +3/xx/xx charms.

2. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

If you can make up the 10% lost fhr from dungos, try the hasuras set boots & belt.

3. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

You could also switch the 3/xx/xx sc's for 20 life 3X AR sc's

4. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

As MrGoth said, try hsarus boots + belt if necessary. Doesn't look like your current gear hits the 86%FHR breakpoint, so don't bother making up the lost fhr from dungos (unless you have fhr charms or armor that you didn't list). If you want to keep your Verdungos for the %DR, then you could try IK boots for the life/AR boost (though it won't be nearly as big an AR boost as Hsarus). Magnus' Skin gloves are also an option, though I don't think I would give up Bloodfists for that.

You can also try enchanting yourself with a Demon Limb. I would try this first, because you get to keep the mods on Verdungos and Goreriders.

5. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

Try AR/Life SCs which give more AR then 3/xx/xx, If you're pure fury I suggest using AR/Life GCs in place of the SS GCs, shoot for 100+AR/25+Life...

Good luck.

6. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

Hrm so hard to decide. Pallies got it easy just use smite.

Addendum: LesClaypool is clayfu that got banned last time?

7. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

jalal's mane offers +20% AR.......and if you put a ber in it........not as good as coa in terms of damage reduction,but has +skills and same fhr.......you should try it some time

8. pugilist

pugilist Banned

use jalals and shaftstop and fade prebuff maybe?
    42% fhr is fine - no smiter is going to attack fater than 6 frames anyways.

9. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

I use that setup too: Tomb reaver, jalals(shael), shaftstop (ber), dungo, bloodfist, gores, raven, angelic, bunch of ar/damage sc.

Gives me good dr, but I have trouble hitting as well. After their high def and 75% block, I calculate about a 10% chance of hitting...compared to their 100%. I was thinking of using a cham'd cerberus with double angelic...but that only increases the overall hit rate by like 2%<---worthless.

Add in lifetap and its almost unwinnable. I dont think I've won a duel where LT has triggered.

My opinion is that Smiters got the ubergear with the new patches and druids (and most other meele) got jack****.

Thats why you usually only see casters, smiters, and the occasional barb in pubs these days. Anything that does not 'autohit' is near useless.

This needs to be fixed in the next patch. Smite should be nerfed (i.e. grief wont work with it anymore)

just my 2 cents

EDIT: There is the option of high rabies damage with bramble/trang Dweb/facets and then just run and try and tank. Kiba uses that sometimes...seems to work best, with the whole rabies 'trigger even on block' thing. I haven't tried that yet, but I dont have the Dweb yet :)