Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How the heck did this happen?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Taxed, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

How the heck did this happen?

I was a lvl 25 necro and I entered a baal run.
    About half way through, the screen started flashing (never seen that before).
    A Zon started chasing me around, and of course tried to tppk me, but, as i had no heavy gear on, I managed to dodge the volley. About 2 seconds later the zon reappeared (no tp and was hostile still), and continued to try to kill me. I dodged several frozen arrows, no problem, but a couple seconds later something killed me, but nothing was shot at me. What the heck happened? The only character that was hostile was the zon, because I hung around for a few seconds after the kill, and she was allowed to party back to the group. I can't remember the account name off hand.

I've been tppked before and as this was a new char with absolutely no gear on I don't care too much, but has anybody seen something like that before?

2. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Probably got lagged up.

3. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

But...correct me if I am wrong, but a hostile char cannot use any tp that is not their own. How did the zon get back into WSK? There is no doubt that lag did not do it. I did not die for literally 10 seconds after the hostile, and I have a high end computer and broadband connection. Everything was fluid.

4. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

probably invisible arrows like invisible bone spirits if not lag, other than that,
    :shrug:

5. NEUROSHOCKED

NEUROSHOCKED IncGamers Member

If you managed to dodge few arrows why didn't just leave the game?

6. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

Because i was running around, never had a chance to escape...I had the menu up and died before I could hit exit...

7. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

there is a flash hack out there that i've seen in action only twice, and really all it does is flashes your screen it doesnt affect you in any way. however with a zon trying to tppk or a necro with bs then it can be very distracting. if your screen starts flashing, leave the game

8. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

yeah I would have but was curious and not worrying about death.
    my Necro was almost naked anyway...didn't lose anything, just never saw that before. It was definately the zon, that was the only hostile. My question is how did she get back to WSK?

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Well... a lvl 25 practically naked Necro in WSK... perhaps a monster got you?

If not that, it was probably her Mercenary or Valk. Minions can get desynched VERY easily.

10. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

Could be the valk, never saw one though. It was definately not a monster, I was at the back of the room, the minions were completely off the screen.

11. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

The hack spams you with packet r 15 which is the one used for major updates such as when you lag out, teleport or use a waypoint. Try using a waypoint, it's the same flashing effect.