Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How should I socket my Hone Sundan

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Barbarrister Voldamus, May 18, 2008.

1. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

How should I socket my Hone Sundan

I just found my first good ethereal unique merc weapon and think I would like to socket it to keep for a while and to use against bosses. What would be the best combination to socket it with. The might merc is currently using Guillaume's Face Helm and Duriel's Armor. This is for a untwinked Fishymancer.

2. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Re: How should I socket my Hone Sundan

It's not the best weapon for your Merc, but it's certainly a good start. Socket it with an Amn for the leech and 2 shaels. You could also socket a jewel with +35-40% Enhanced Damage, but that jewel will be more expensive than some other weapons you could give your Merc.

Once you have gathered a few pgems, try to get Reaper's Toll. It's cheap and a good all-round weapon. Also consider making Insight in a thresher, for your Merc when you're playing a caster.

3. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

If you're going to use the hone sundane you have to take advantage of its massive CB. Try to fashion some gear around it so your merc has nice life leach and at least 63 IAS to hit 5 fpa with jab.
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/speedcalc_titanseal/speedcalc_english.php

For instance Tal Rasha's mask, Treachery and HS with 1 shael. Still plenty of empty sockets left to customize. But there are numerous combinations possible.

@Ed: I would never put Reaper's on my necro's merc. Waheed overriding your own curses is never a good idea.

-AnQ

4. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Yes, Reaper's is a very nice weapon for anyone EXCEPT for the necro.

5. zerth

zerth IncGamers Member

Actually eth Hone Sundan is one of the best merc weapons in my book. As soon as you get that Pul up it. The setup I'm using (on SP) is Amn/Ed jewel/Ed jewel together with Andariels and Treachery. Insane attack speed, nice damage and enough leech to keep him going without maintenance :)