Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How realistic is it to shop for echoing weapon?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NSXdreamer, Mar 16, 2004.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

How realistic is it to shop for echoing weapon?

I just started to run larzuk for some echoing weapon for my barb, but so far haven't seen one yet, despite several berserker's have showed up already. What's the chance a echoing weapon would show up in his invertory? Or would I be better off to just go around and kill stuff? Does it more likely to show up on certain kind of weapons, or all of them are same?

2. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

I believe I've bought a couple different Echoing weapons from Larzuk, and at least one each from Halbu, Hratli, and Fara. Maybe I was just lucky, though. They do seem to be very rare.

3. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

The odds will be slightly different on different types of weapons, as they have different numbers of possible affixes to choose from, but all in the same ballpark. The odds of a magic weapon being "Echoing" will be somewhere in the vicinity of 700:1, so you would hope to see one, I dunno, maybe every 50 visits to a vendor?

The necessary alvl for Echoing is 60 - if your character level is 75+, all items sold by vendors (in Nightmare and Hell) will have a chance at it. If you are lower than level 75, some weapons will not (it depends on the qlvl of the weapon type).

4. buster

buster IncGamers Member

I might save you time to just ask for one and I just happen to have one that's yours for the cost of one email address if you want it.

5. NSXdreamer

Thanks a lot! email PMed to you

Now that I (will) have one, just need to shop for one more. :)

6. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Way back with my old Pat barb Ghoram, I was cubing a legend sword in hopes of getting a cruel prefix; one of the mods I passed up was Echoing....I cubed an "Echoing" sword...with 3 sockets!

"slams head against wall repeatedly until consciousness fades"

7. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

I wouldn't run Larzuk. From what I've seen you'll have the best odds on merchants that sell throwing spears, glaives, etc. Try Anya (with a red portal open it's REALLY easy to get the weapon you're looking for, as you can respawn her fast) and Malah. Also, the better your level, the better the chances of getting higher end mods, from what I remember. So give hell Anya a run, ten minutes tops should get you what you need.

8. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I always used to stumble accross them when I was selling stuff in act V. Unfortunately that was during the Time of Naïveity (ToN), and I neglected to buy them :(

9. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Like Liter Soul said, I'd recommend running Anya.

Ironically in 1.09 when I was trying to get echoing weapons I had no luck at all. In 1.10 when I was shopping for Cruel Winged Harpoons, I ended finding two sets of echoing throwing spears really fast. Go figure.

Chris

10. NSXdreamer

Thanks guys, just got a echoing war sword from larzuk. :D It seems this mod are more likely to show up on war sword (ancient, mythical) type a lot in relative to other type of weapon.

11. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

i got 6 echoing harpoons already from Anya, you can quikly reset her by entering the red portal each time and she sell a echoing weapon pretty quick IMO in hell... and you can shop for some neat claws in the same run :thumbsup:

robin