Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how noob am i

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by qaws, Jun 14, 2005.

1. qaws

qaws Banned

how noob am i

can someone mind explaining to me what tc is. i would liuke to know. and where are the tc 87 areas and the tc 85 areas. thanks.

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot Diabloii.Net Member

TC=treasure class. From this point on, I could be (extremely) wrong...

TC's are grouped in numbers of 3, so I think that below TC 87, is TC 84. When you say TC 85, you're probably thinking of places with an area level 85. Since champions & bosses are +2-3 levels above the area level, that means they can (theoritically) drop anything in a level 85 area. Normal monsters in these areas can drop TC84 (i think).

As for areas, there are complete lists around somewhere, but i'm too lazy to find them. One area for certain is 'the Pits' in the Act1, Hell difficulty - which is located in the Tamoe Highlands.

Have a look at some of the files/resources in the items database on this site.

'poops

3. WayWardSoul

WayWardSoul Diabloii.Net Member

Go look at this sticky its here you'll find it

Single Player FAQ, Tips & Character Guides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AlterEgo

Single Player Moderator
    Platinum Pal

Single Player FAQ, Tips and Character Guides

ABOUT OUR FORUM

Single Player Forum FAQ
    * By Crazy Runner Guy and Icebird
    (adapted from previous FAQ by Darkness and Greybeard)

SPF FAQ on Gameplay Affecting Techniques
    * By Cauthon

Guide to the SPF Giveaway Thread
    * By Silverbolt

Single Player Trading Forum
    Official site announcement: "We now offer a dedicated trading forum for those playing Single Player and Open characters. This will be moderated by the Single Player Moderators, AlterEgo and Kremtok and will be bound by the same trade rules as apply to our other trading forums."

ABOUT THE GAME

1.10 FAQ for SP (v.2.0)
    * By Shade

1.10 SP Character Build Guides
    *Compiled by Borlag and AlterEgo

The FE Bug Explained (Single Player 1.10)
    * by DeathMaster

Guide to Altering Items In-Game (no not hacks )
    * by Uzziah

1.10 Area Levels
    * from the diabloii Strategy Compendium

Mercenary (aka Moron) FAQ v 1.10
    * by sunbearie and team
    (adapted from previous FAQ by Darkness)

Rune Finder's Guide
    * by Urlik_Skarsol

A Guide to Charms in 1.10
    * by Kronos

1.07 Guide
    * By Repusz

4. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

All items are divided into TCs. For example Hand Axe, Short Sword, Buckler, Leather Armor are from TC3; Sacred Armor, Berserker Axe, Colossus Blade are from TC87 (the highest). Amulets, potion, runes etc. have their own TCs. Monsters in low level areas can drop from low TCs, higher area level - higher TC.
    Area level differs from 1(blood moor normal) to 85 (WSK, Pit, Ancient Tunnels)
    And is common that people think that only bosses can drop from TC87 in 85 area level, but it is not true. Regulars can drop from TC87 even in lvl 82(!) areas. It's just that the uniques from TC87 has generally so high qlvl (around 85, Tyrael's Might 87), that the regulars in these areas doesn't have monster level>=quality level of uniques, so they can't drop some of them. Be sure, that boss packs in lvl 83 areas are the same level as Pindleskin and thus they can't drop only Tyrael's Might, Arachnid Mesh and Azurwrath.

5. qaws

qaws Banned

so what are the tc87 areas .... i was told pindleskin could drop anything in the game? what monsters can drop anything?

6. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think that helps much but ok.

TC is Treasure Class, and unless you really want to grail hunt or really understand the drop and how it works TC really is just a glamorous term used in trading.

ilvl, TC, rlvl, qlvl and the like really should be defined in a guide of sorts, my item manipulation guide touches on them but really is not complete enough to reference.

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Lvl 85 areas:
    Act 1 Pit Level 1 <--in tamoe highlands, and a popular choice since its easier than others.
    Act 1 Pit Level 2
    Act 1 Mausoleum <--good for undead killers
    Act 2 Maggot Lair Level 3 <-- comes highly unrecommended for all but a few characters.
    Act 2 Ancient Tunnels <-- another popular option.
    Act 3 Sewers Level 2
    Act 3 Forgotten Temple (In Upper Kurast)
    Act 3 Ruined Fane (In Kurast Causeway)
    Act 3 Disused Reliquary (In Kurast Causeway)
    Act 4 River of Flame
    Act 4 Chaos Sanctum <--only for the brave...or stupid.
    Act 5 Rocky Summit (Arreat Summit) <--actually alvl 87, but ancients dont drop anything, so its irrelevent.
    Act 5 The Worldstone Keep Level 1
    Act 5 The Worldstone Keep Level 2 <--obvious for baal running.
    Act 5 The Worldstone Keep Level 3
    Act 5 Throne of Destruction
    Act 5 The Worldstone Chamber All these are in hell obviously.
    EDIT: and from that link toppo kindly found when i couldnt be arsed, all the monsters with TC87 can obviosuly drop anything, and the TC84's can drop most of the useful items, but not all.

8. Toppo

Toppo Diabloii.Net Member

9. GrandmasAreYummy

GrandmasAreYummy Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmm... It seems like no one has answered your first question.

Well I, GrandmasAreYummy, am here to help.

The answer is...

Very.

You're Welcome

10. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

And of course you can explain why and how the ctc on gloves can be capable of doing well over 2000 fire damage per second, humph. . . that's what I thought.

We were all noobs once. Just because they don't understand a really contraversal term, that by the way was made up by a forumite, doesn't make them a noob.

11. GrandmasAreYummy

GrandmasAreYummy Diabloii.Net Member

Wow...

Uzziah, meet sense of humor

Sense of humor, meet Uzziah.

You guys should talk, really get to know each other.

12. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

There is no such a thing as tc87 areas.
    Each area has a level. minimum 1, maximum 85 - Farting bob wrote a list of them. The rarest item types as Sacred armor or Berserker Axe or Hydra Bow are from TC87 - these can drop from regular monsters and bosses in arealvl 82 and higher. However as in the list toppo posted, there is a qlvl (quality level) on each unique and set item. The monster has to be at least at the same level as qlvl to be able to drop the unique. Regular monsters have the same mlvl (monster level) as the area level. Champions' mlvl=alvl+2, Bosses and Superuniques mlvl=alvl+3. Act bosses has own mlvl (Mephisto 87, Baal 99). So to get a unique, the monster has to be able to drop the items from apprtopriate TC and have high enough mlvl to drop appropriate unique/set.
    If the monster drops an item and has not high enough mlvl for that item to be a unique and the check for the unique item is succesful, the item will be a failed unique - tripple durability rare item.

What monsters can drop all items?
    Well the highest qlvl of a unique item is 87 (Tyrael's Might, Azurewrath, Arachnid Mesh) The highest TC is TC87.
    ONLY Baal, Champions and bosses from lvl 85 areas and bosses from lvl 84 areas are cappable of dropping everything in the game. I am not sure about the Zod rune, but I am almost sure that it can be dropped in all lvl 85 areas.

I hope it's clear now.

EDIT: And Pindleskin is mlvl only 86, so he can't drop the three items mentioned above.