Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How necessary is maxed lower resist for Poison mancer? ifr

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ixso, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Ixso

Ixso IncGamers Member

How necessary is maxed lower resist for Poison mancer?

Using high end gear, IE facets/deaths web/bramble, infinity on merc, etc? Will the killing speed between 1 point boosted with +skills be alot slower?

I'm shooting for something along the lines of:

Summon
    1 Clay
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Blood
    1 Iron
    1 Summon Resist
    1 Fire

PnB

1 Teeth
    1 Bone Armor
    1+ Corpse explosion
    20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Bone Wall
    20 Poison Nova

Curses

1 Amp
    1 Dim Vision
    1 Weaken
    1 Iron Maiden
    1 Terror
    1 Lifetap
    1 Decrep
    1+ Lower Resist

Using Lower Resist as my main curse, Bone wall as an armor synergy and an 'Oh Chit!' button, and nova spam until something dies, then corpse explosion 'til my screen is 1 big red mess!:laugh:

Am I way off the mark? This is mainly for pvm, but I'd like to be able to handle the jerks that hostile. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks for your time.

2. garion

garion IncGamers Member

im not sure if you need to max bonewall....or LR...

1 pt into LR is more than enough....

make sure you use 3 piece trangs + dweb and you should be good on the -psn%

3. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

I agree with garion, it would be a wast of points; LR suffers from dramatic diminish return.....

4. Ixso

Ixso IncGamers Member

Soo, if I'm using 3 piece trangs/bramble/dweb, it'll be rather hard to max block with trangs wing block%. What else am I supposed to use for defense besides a synergized bone armor? I've almost always played vita based caster classes, soo no max block is nothing new to me. Should I just rely on dim vision/terror? And what of the leftover points? Corpse explosion? Oh and how necessary is fast cast? Only necro I've played to this point is a summoner.

Thanks for the replies.

5. Fists of War

Fists of War IncGamers Member

Spamming nova is not really needed, as after casting it once you should be able to poison a whole group, then you just wait 2 secs for it to wear off before casting again, so as you can see fast cast is not that usefull for nova as you arent casting it one after another...but for curses/armour it's nice to be able to cast quicker but by no means essential. And poisn exploion kinda takes the place of corpse explosion, without the extra points in CE.

6. Ixso

Ixso IncGamers Member

I was under the impression that poison explosion was the equivalent of a cadaver's death effect. It does alot of damage, but in a very small area. I'll have enough +skills to get Corpse explosion to at least level 10, before charms, as just a prerequisite. CE's damage is also instant and covers quite a large radius, even at just slvl 10. Any other thoughts on the bone armor synergies? Thank you for the information on faster cast. Again, I appreciate the reply.

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

There is 1 fine detail that might be missed. Make sure your LR is at least lvl 10 (after +skills). That allows you to break all breakable immunes. Of course, people tell you to put 1 point because they assume you have at least +9 curses in total (which is not unreasonable, especially since you are rich, but I have come across cases that this was false).

8. Fists of War

Fists of War IncGamers Member

Poision explosion does indeed have a small radius BUT...the poison cloud libgers there, which means that you can just lead half the momsters in a group through it as it's floating around, but that's often too much effort for me :). As for bone armour synergies...for me i'd see 20 pts in say bone wall as a waste, but if you really like bone armour (and you have other uses for bone wall) that would be an OK idea, especially since you dont really have other skills that need points after maxing the 3 poison skills.

9. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Use Fire Golem. Enemies will cluster up around him like you wouldn't believe. If you can drop an enemy standing next to Sparky, then the PE will hit most of the rest of the enemy pack (and when they die, you can PE them to get the rest).

10. KavikKang

KavikKang IncGamers Member

The way I look at skills like lower resist is this... what will you actually get for each point you put into the skill after your +skills. In the case of lower resist, if you put one point in it you will wind up somewhere near 65% LR. At that level, each additional point you put in will raise LR by 1%. Do you think 1% LR is worth a skill point when it is already at 65%? I don't, so I never put more than 1 point in it.