How much will this ring help me?

Joshebo

Diabloii.Net Member
How much will this ring help me?

My zon has -67 resist in Hell (I know that is terrible, still trying to deal with that). I have an opportunity to get a Dwarf Star ring which has 15% Fire Absorb on it.

Due to my extreme resist problem, how much help will that ring be? Or am I better off getting some fire resist charms?

Thanks for your help.

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
I think youre better off with the res charms or a res ring, since abs is only really useful with high or max res.

scottrick49

Diabloii.Net Member
I think youre better off with the res charms or a res ring, since abs is only really useful with high or max res.
Absorb is good, but you really need more resists.

Say you take 100 fire damage:

with dwarf star
100 * 1.67 = 167 damage after your resistance modification.
167 * 0.7 = 116.9 dmg; (you absorb 15%, which reduces damage by 15% and adds that 15% back to your health; effectively reducing by 30%)

with +15 resist all ring
100 * 1.52 (since you have more resists now) = 152 damage after resistances

So, with really bad resistances, adding a little more absorb is better than adding a little more resist, but they both suck either way lol.

TheBe

Diabloii.Net Member
You should ,make Aya quests if you haven't done them yet. Then try to get some resist from charms/gear (torch is good option, even low).

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
My zon has -67 resist in Hell
If you have no gear on at all your resists are -70. :shocked:

Find a four socket armor and stick two rals and two orts in it. And wear the ring, it's end game quality if you have less than optimal equipment.