Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How much stuff is duped in 1.10?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by PDXBoy, Mar 29, 2004.

1. PDXBoy

PDXBoy IncGamers Member

How much stuff is duped in 1.10?

I'll confess that to get gear, I've been going to Ebay. But there's just too much stuff there (e.g. enigma runes) for it all to be legit. But I thought that 1.10 was specially designed to kill duping. So ... am I buying all dupes?

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

There still remains a lot of duped stuff from 1.09 (some was deleted), but there hasn't been *as* much duping in 1.10, and every method has been patched pretty quickly and a lot of people banned for duping.

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

It depends on what you belive...I belive that many of those things are "legit" items, though possibley found with a bot (making them illegitimate, not dupes)
    and another thing to consider is just simply people collecting, in a pyramid sceam

10 newbs find high runes, then trade them for a whole character set of easy to find mid level uniques from 5 guys
    these 5 guys, with 2 runes each, trade them for something big or maybe use a few, so say 7/10 runes move on
    2 guys are great mfers or botters so they have the large items to buy the runes
    the 7 remaining runes are then bought by a "Diablo god", the kind of person who leaves shafts on the ground

so now he has 7 runes and just multiply this by the amount of people on B.net

4. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

3/20/20's... 290's... most of the old duped rares... 40/15's (both ias and max)... 40/10's... basically anything that was duped in 09 that can actually spawn in the game...

5. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

A simplistic model using ZOD rune as a base case:

Most likely dropper is Hephasto, with a 0.00000651% chance to drop ZOD. that means a 99.99999349% chance that he will not drop ZOD. Let's assume that you (or a bot) do nothing but run Heph at 3 minutes per run, or 20 runs per hour. After a year of running Heph (20*24*365 = 175,200 runs), you have a 99.99999349% ^ 175,200 = 98.865% chance of NOT having found a ZOD. If you had 60 other people doing the same thing, after a year there would be approximately a 50% chance than one of you would have found at least one ZOD rune.

That is how rare a ZOD is. (A zod should come along every 15.36mm Heph runs. It could come on the first, it could come on the 100 millionth. We are dealing only with probabilities here). You have a slightly higher probability if you search out Jahs or Chams and upgrade them.

how many ZOD runes are on or have been on ladder (when I hear of people rerolling BotD berserker axes by using the HEL + town portal unsocket recipe, it makes my skin crawl)? More than there probabilisticly "should be" by a few orders of magnitude. You true math whizzes out there may tell me some of the bells and whistles I missed in my logic (technically you would need to run the odds on any high rune dropping and include the upgrade recipes; also there may be other high yield areas, since a cow has about 1/8 the chance of Heph to drop, and you can kill a lot of cows in a run...), but the fact remains that there are hundreds, if not thousands more ZOD runes than there should be.

Anyway back to your question, I believe that most high runes in 1.10 are duped. Let me rephrase this -- I believe that most high runes in 1.10 were crafted from duped lower runes in order to "launder" their IDs. I don't think that many, if any, set/unique items have been duped.

6. wolfstar

wolfstar IncGamers Member

I prefer to believe that the runes are not duped. Unlike 1.09, 1.10 can now create the high lvl runes using the cube. To get zod, just get lots and lots of the low level runes. With a large team of ppl working together to do rune find, its not really that hard to get zod now compare to 1.09.

7. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Better example that Zod is duped...

Vex, Ber, Jah, and Ohm are all runes below Zod on ladder and yet they are all worth MUCH more.

~Kbob

8. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

Have you done the math on this?? It's VERY hard to get a zod from cubing..

9. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

It takes 512 ISTs to make a Zod rune. Are you telling me that teams of people have been doing non-stop Hellforge runs to get 512 IST runes to craft each one of the thousands of Zod runes on ladder? I salute your faith in human nature, but I don't believe it. Interestingly enough, IST drops about 32 times more frequently from Heph than Zod (although there are a lot more critters who can drop IST than can drop Zod)

I suspect that cubing is how most of the high runes were created in the first place. Start with an Ist (not that hard to get your hands on a legit one). Make a single copy with your dupe method, then cube those two with a gem to get a Gul rune that now has a new ID and is considered completely legit in the eyes of Rust Storm. Repeat all the way up. Personally, I would prefer to trade for 2 cham runes than for 1 zod rune, because that way I know I will end up with a Zod rune that will not *poof*.

10. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

My guess is that some experienced hacker finds a way to dupe, he doesn't tell anyone but his friends because they want to make money and it doesn't help if everyone can dupe. They dupe like crazy and slowly sell stuff.
    After a while Blizz finds out and fixes it. There are a lot more zod's now then before, but not as much as in 1.09 happened. And so on. Until the ladder resets. RESET! NOW! :clap: