Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How much resistances is enough ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Wurmer, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Hi Folks,

I was pondering different options for my monks and honestly I am having a hard time figuring out how things work. My top monk (solo non seasonal) is running GR at level 37-39. His resistance are all at 1100% using harmony. When choosing salvation as a mantra they go up to 1400%+. Most of my runs have been made using salvation and I find that even with all resistances at 1400%+ it's not like I have plenty.

I guess like many of you around here, I have watched some youtube videos to give me some ideas of built and gear. What amazes me is, it seems that resistances are no consequences for those guys. All their sockets are filled with damage increasing jewels and the rest of their gear is pretty good but not necessarily enough to provide super extra resistances.

Up to a certain point, I can understand that the best defense is offense. Having major damage helps you dispatch the mobs quickly. In order to do that, you need to stay alive nevertheless. I don't understand this ole glass canon thing as being viable !

I imagine that playing in a group vs solo can change things drastically but still...

I'd like your thoughts on this...