Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How much of a damage increase does fortitude give a smiter?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BlueDogAnchorite, Sep 7, 2006.

1. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

How much of a damage increase does fortitude give a smiter?

I'm just going through gear options for a PvP smiter and stone is looking prety nice to me, even though nobody seems to ever mention it.

2. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

adds 3 times (damage shown on shield with HS on plus +dam mod on grief oe similar wep)

3. 3hree6ix5ive

3hree6ix5ive IncGamers Member

to my knowledge fort adds nothing, unless it's bugged.

4. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

nah your knowledge is just wrong - it adds.

5. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

But not enough to be using an otherwise **** armor that will cripple your smiter.

Use nigma.

6. chessvampire

chessvampire IncGamers Member

dont forget that there is already ED from the skills Smite and Fanatacism. the 300ed will just add on, so it really wont make that much of a difference. for a PVP smiter, i suggest using enigma. its the most used armor on a smiter.

7. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

I recommend using fort when ur goin smiter vs smiter, otherwise enigma. Have tele on e, z or f key for quick tele action when ur boneprisoned.

8. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

I recommend using fort when ur goin smiter vs smiter, otherwise enigma. Have tele on e, z or f key for quick tele action when ur boneprisoned.

9. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Why?...............................

10. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

*hint* Boneprison...

11. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

No, Why Fort Specifically For Smite v Smite

12. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

the dmg increase

13. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

Camden, I'm assuming you've done some smiter vs. smite duels, it's soooo gear related, that it's almost a situation of whose richer and that's it.
    As long as you can get sick life, perf dr and crazy dmg you'll own other smiters. With fort you can really maximize your dmg output is the main point tho. You want to squeeze out ever little bit of dmg that you can get.

14. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

I see.... Well, is that all it has? about 230 more ed than enigma, give or take, that really isn't all it's cracked up to be? At the cost of MUCH less life, having to glitch your gear or horribly mis-stat your smiter? At the cost of speed and versatility? At the cost of 8% dr that now must be made up elsewhere?

@sechler, yes i've done my fair share of smiter duels. For a while I was one of the of not the top smite vs all on east. However I refused to "walk start" smite v smite; in my opinion if you're gonna duel like that make a zealer. The ONLY smite v smite duels I would take part in were charge-starts, the way smiters are mean t to be played and a HELL of a lot more fun ^_^

15. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

CoA gives 15, dungo gives 15. A Good CoA will give 23%, totaling you at 38%. Now you can always use Fade or another Ber for either 46% or 53% DR.

However on the realm me and SicHalo are, there's a special belt that gives 20% DR so DR is not a problem here.

As for the mis-statting thing, what's the point of having more life if your opponent has 500 less life but deals a good deal more damage. If the effective amount of gained damage surpasses the effective loss of life, it's good. If not, it's not good. With good charms you can succeed in this easily.

Dueling with a charge start can be boring one way: it can end the duel too quickly. If you succeed to get 2-3 good hits in a row, that can already kill your opponent, making the duels boring.

However I've always said that melee v melee (bvb, smite v smite, zeal v zeal, fury v zeal, fury v fury, ww v smite, ww v zeal, ww v fury etc) are damn boring, as most of the duel is about gear. In almost all melee duels, the one that has better gear wins. Some of the WW duels (ww v zeal, ww v smite, ww v fury) can be different, but even then gear plays quite a huge part. In pub games, if you got decent gear and lots of skill, you can do way better than decently skilled people with godly items, which is how it should be (skill would mean everything, whereas gear couldn't be counted as a variable. Blobs shared the same opinion IIRC).

16. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

@ce olba

I assume you mean siggard's stealth @ europe? Indeed, those are cute belts and could change several aspects of a smiter's build (when i think of euro smiters i think of steffer's lol). When I post general gear suggestions I'm usually taking examples from my mostly-legit smiter on east.

But having to use coa for smite v smite is bad in itself; I find shako's secondary mods to be MUCH more beneficial than a coa's. And as the %ed from fort only enhances the damage from the shield itself + holy shield, after pvp penalties and 50% dr it's REALLY not as beneficial as some might think. That's how I calculate that the overall benefits of enigma -way- outweight the measly benefits of a fortitude.

And actually charge start smite v smite between two good paladins can be quite amusing. Desynching and reading desynch and auraflashing... hotkey junky's dream.

17. KaythonXE

KaythonXE Banned

Using Enigma Phoenix > Fort Hoz