Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How much life/mana steal is enough?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by gbullit, Oct 5, 2006.

1. gbullit

gbullit IncGamers Member

How much life/mana steal is enough?

Hi, I'm playing in Nightmare Act 5 (not online) have a Riphook bow (socketed that one with the socket quest, only one socket though :(, jewel +9 to min dam) and found a Tal Rasha's Horadric Death Mask with 10% life steal & 10% mana steal each hit. It seems that when killing monsters (not undead) I never ran out of mana. How much mana/life steal is enough. My damage is in strafe 195 - 275. I have no problem in Chaos Santuary, only problem is keeping my mercenary alive, feeding potions to him. Also got a lvl 8 Valkyrie. I prefer using the bow, but when things start to get to rough for mercenary and Valkyrie I use LS (lvl 18) to clean things up.

2. XchokeholdX

XchokeholdX Banned

yeah, LS gets you quickly addicted to Blue pots.

If your Bow/Java Amazon only has mana problems when using LS, just drink pots. if you have mana problems all the time, find some good duel leach rings, or use a Cresent Moon amulet (3-6% LL, 11-15%ML) to kick your Blue pots habit.

My LF zon uses Tals mask and Cresent moon, and I only have to drink Reds every now and then...

3. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

On a side note, unique and set items only get 1 socket from larzuk

4. gbullit

gbullit IncGamers Member

Thanks both of you for the help. I didn't know that uniques only could get 1 socket. I have noticed that some items on the ground have yellow color (the name) and others more like gold color, what is the difference? I got some boots called War Traveller, they were "gold colored".
    By the way, my strafe damage are 174 - 330, I was wrong earlier. :smiley:

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Yellow colored items are rare items, and have a randomly generated name and mods.
    Golden items are unique items, and have a preset name and preset mods (with varying ranges for some mods).