How much lag can you create with summoner?

Ifrit18

Banned
How much lag can you create with summoner?

What is the biggest number of minions you can have at one time?

20 revives+mages+merc+golem+skeles sound good.

Is it possible to lag people so bad they "time out?"
 

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Ifrit18 said:
What is the biggest number of minions you can have at one time?

20 revives+mages+merc+golem+skeles sound good.

Is it possible to lag people so bad they "time out?"
If I max out Revives, I can have 35 total revives. Add that to 22 total skeletons and Mages(depending on what gear I want to use could have 2 more of each), a My Faithful pet Vine, Ravens, and either HoW,OS, or SoB. And I'm able to do some serious damage to LyteHammer, Beatboxer(sorry for the dialup), and TheFatty.

I have made a few people time out during public baal runs, just because of the isp they are on.

Tonight, while in a game with Hammer and a few of our friends, I checked my fps and had a low 29 with Hammer and his full Summoner squad(on dsl). While, I had Hammer down to a low of 12 fps(on cable). Thanks for being honest their Hammer :thumbsup: :drink: .

Other friends of ours, as soon as they see my lagamancer in a game..ask me not to bring out the revives and vine. But, I bring out vine anyway(cuz It's my favorite pet) and leave out revives to make it easier for them or when BeatBoxer is on.

HoS
 

Ifrit18

Banned
the lowest i been brought down to is 3 fps. On cable, 512 ram but geforce 2 MMX card with 800x600 resolution not pretty :p.
 

BDs

Diabloii.Net Member
i always get 60fps, (with 40fps "lags") and those "lags" wasnt coz the summoners, was coz the windruid + 3 sorc's

512 RAM + Radeon 9100.

i am "summoner" with my 10 skellyes, 8 revives, 3 mages that i dont use(1 point), my 3K clay golem, and lvl82 might merc. i gear MF stuff with few +skills
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
now now, lag is a biproduct, it shouldn't be the goal, while we can lag and ignore those who whine, we shouldn't go and delibertately try to lag them, lag should be a non issue, not an accomplishment

thats just my opinion
 

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
well it started out that way ash...... but after a while you just wanna seek revenge on those damn whiners...... so lag is the new goal.... it is the only goal.....
 

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, I've frequently had lengthy 1 fps spikes.

Ironically, such situations are best handled by a ...skelliemancer.
 

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyte_Hammer said:
well it started out that way ash...... but after a while you just wanna seek revenge on those damn whiners...... so lag is the new goal.... it is the only goal.....
:drink: :buddies:

I have to agree with my buddy Hammer, when I have only my Skeletons out and they cry about lag....and it's [email protected] you Necro. Then it's time to bring out the rest of the undead horde.

Toughest thing is getting 12 revives out quickly, maintaining them was somewhat easy.

HoS
 

derthgar

Diabloii.Net Member
only time i really lag is when i have 8 people in a game with 4 sorcs and 2 wind drugs all throwing their stuff. other than that if i lag it is a bnet issue.
 

pliu

Banned
Ifrit18 said:
What is the biggest number of minions you can have at one time?

20 revives+mages+merc+golem+skeles sound good.

Is it possible to lag people so bad they "time out?"
I never lag from minions. The biggest number for me is:

18 revives 14 skeleton 12 mages 1 golem 1 merc
 

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
ahh come on ash it isn't that bad....... its just our little way of retaliating every now and then...... its not like lagging is the only thing we do
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I grow weary of being the Necro forum grumpy old man

back in my day when we were mad we used to yell "FLOBLEDEEFLEE!" why? because we were idiots and we didn't know what else to say
 

gods_pawn

Banned
IMO pure zookeepers have the easiest job in the game, with the least amount of skill required, with the most lag created....

now i can feel a flaming coming on, but hear me out.

You guys max:

Raise Skeleton (little skellies who DO the fighting FOR you)
Raise Skeletal Mage (little skellies who SHOOT things FOR you)
Skeleton Mastery (to make those little skellies a bit more versatile)
Revive (to revive whoever your skellies killed to DO more fighting FOR you)

and what, might i ask is your guy's job besides raising these beasts to work FOR you? well, you occasionally amp here and there, or even LR some, while trying to stay out of the way of incoming crossfire.

Hey if you like that, then it's your perogitive - i just find it extremely boring.


Ever do baal runs with three (yes, 3) pure zookeepers?! it was practically like playing a slide show!!!


but hey, its safest and a good way to get a character into hell who can survive solo.
 

pliu

Banned
gods_pawn said:
IMO pure zookeepers have the easiest job in the game, with the least amount of skill required, with the most lag created....

now i can feel a flaming coming on, but hear me out.

You guys max:

Raise Skeleton (little skellies who DO the fighting FOR you)
Raise Skeletal Mage (little skellies who SHOOT things FOR you)
Skeleton Mastery (to make those little skellies a bit more versatile)
Revive (to revive whoever your skellies killed to DO more fighting FOR you)

and what, might i ask is your guy's job besides raising these beasts to work FOR you? well, you occasionally amp here and there, or even LR some, while trying to stay out of the way of incoming crossfire.

Hey if you like that, then it's your perogitive - i just find it extremely boring.


Ever do baal runs with three (yes, 3) pure zookeepers?! it was practically like playing a slide show!!!


but hey, its safest and a good way to get a character into hell who can survive solo.
Skelimance is super cool. If I can send the army out without my necro i will be very glad :D:D:D. Sitting there look at my favorite website and let the skeleton do the dirty jobs :D
 

khiamal

Diabloii.Net Member
Lithan said:
Shame you can't tele onto people then tele away leaving all your minions on top of them.
YUP!!!!!!! The cries of "DUEL ME, NECRO!!!" changing to "WHERE ARE YOU??" leading to "HEY, MO MINIONS" and finally "NO FAIR!!!" - as if a barbarian is going to go duelling without sword mastery, or BO....

Also, teleporting onto someone's head is the BEST way to deal with those pesky PK'ers...... Especially then going and corpse guarding it from their buddies!!!!

:D

I REALLY hate those guys....
 
Top