Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how much dex for a HC bowazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by denali_wjl, Feb 6, 2004.

1. denali_wjl

denali_wjl IncGamers Member

how much dex for a HC bowazon?

I am building this HC zon and am not sure as to how
    many points should I put into dex. I hear that you get
    100 mf for having 300 natural dex, is that true or
    is it a moot point?

I mean is it worth it to put on 300 base dex?
    My zon currently is lvl 73 with 125 into vit, life is 640
    with items on(haven't done hell temp quest)

My valk is at lvl 20 with + skills, I am hoping that will
    help me survive.

2. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

Hardcore is all about life. You will get eaten alive by Souls the way you're set up. If you're level 73, you've probably already got your gear. Put every single point into Vit.

3. denali_wjl

denali_wjl IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't answer the 300 base dex question.
    I will always keep resist maxed, souls might not be such big a issue.
    I think HC is all about fun and thrill of being always on your toes,
    I can try out a high dex build just for fun. More input?

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

If you want a high dex build, then you need to change your gear to reflect that.

with 75 in lightning resists, if you don't have very much life, 1 volley from the souls can kill you.

My last hardcore bowazon was in 1.09 (my current 1.10 is still only in her 40's), and the only thing that could touch her (and what killed her) were MSLE's. Oh how I wish I had wisp projector back then.

Burning Souls are the new MSLE's, so keep that decoy and Slow Missiles going if you're going for the 300 dex (which IMO is crazy, but to each his own).

5. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

100 magic find for 300 dex? No. For game calculation purposes characters have a base 100mf with zero mf I think is what your talking about. But dex has no impact on mf.

As far as 300 dex a HC bowazon. What bow? I agree that HC is all about the fun and staying on your toes, but at 640 life your going to get killed by a spectral hit mini boss at some point for sure. And don't even think about taking on gloams or black souls. Life comes first, damage second. Is 1% more damage per dex point worth 3 more life? I'm assuming your going pure bowazon but I would really focus more on getting some more life and look at keeping dex at a good %to hit ratio and go for speed to up your damage. I assume your using strafe or MS since you are looking for physical damage, so some points in penetrate would help your AR. All in all i'd say 220 base dex absolute max.

Of course everyone has their own build though, but i would really really advise getting your life up over 900 somehow.

If this 300 dex bowazon with low life is really working pretty well for you in HC i'd love to know your setup.