Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How much d/a/e/valkyrie?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by tripsu, Nov 20, 2006.

1. tripsu

tripsu IncGamers Member

How much d/a/e/valkyrie?

I'm currently making a plague/lightning fury javazon.

I'm sure that I'm maxing plague and lightning fury and going to at least 10 in poison b/c its a synergy to plague.

My question is... how much should I put in dodge, avoid, evade, and valkyrie. Is 1 point sufficient with d/a/e if I have at least +6 skills items? Also should I pump Valkyrie to 20? Or should I pump poison javelin to 20 to strengthen my plague?

Thanks for any help. Right now I have a pretty strong titan's, gloves that give +1 jav skills and 10 to ias. Besides that, my jav equipment isn't too good. I'm mfing with a sorc right now to try and find better equipment. So when answering, keep in mind my gear isn't very good at all besides my very nice titan's.

2. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

I have 2 in each d/a/e and i'm doing just fine (java/bow hybrid). Are you pvp or pvm btw? I also noticed that valkyrie don't really need extra points in it, but if you want that she is a bit stronger, then do it (not sure how much plague boosts your damage, so wait for other opinnion here).

3. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

For PvM I always put just 1pt in DEA skills. Valkyrie I spend as much as needed, I save up points and see how my Valk is doing. If she dies faster than I like, then I put some more skills into her.

4. tripsu

tripsu IncGamers Member

I'm PvM only.

So, d/a/e probably just 1 skill point and valkyrie pump as needed.

Does that mean I should go for 20 in poison to pump the damage from my plague javelins?

5. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

I have not much experience with poison amas, but I would belive getting the maximum damage would be good.

6. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Absolutely, you're definitely going to want to max Poison Javelin. Those last 10 points in Poison Javelin will increase your total Plague Javelin damage output by a WHOPPING 50%. That's huge.

Also, for primarily ranged characters (Poison Javazons, LFuryzons, Bowazons), I usually stick with 1 point D/A/E. If you're planning on going toe-to-toe from time to time and jabbing away at monsters, then I'd boost your D/A/E, but otherwise it's probably not worth it.

As for Valk... make sure she gets at least to slvl 17 after +skills (I'd strongly recommend maxing her, but slvl 17 should be a minimum goal). That gets her a War Pike, which lets her deal truly awesome physical damage. If you keep resummoning your Valk until she spawns with a black pike, she'll be more than capable of taking out the rare Lightning/Poison immune all by herself. If you wind up having some leftover skill points at the end, putting extra hard points in Critical Strike will also greatly increase your Valk's damage output.

7. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

The color of War Pike does NEVER matter.
    The color of rare items are based on its magic suffixes & prefixes.
    The color is determined by the 1st magic suffix whose 'transform' in MagicSuffix.txt is '1'. If none is '1', the color is then determined by the 1st magic prefix whose 'transform' in MagicPrefix.txt is '1'.
    'Cruel' is a magic prefix, so when you get a black War Pike, it's more often than not that it's not 'Cruel' that gives the black color, but rather some magic suffix that gives the black color. (If you cube a lot, you'll see black is usually not good.)