How much AR ??

sTrd

Diabloii.Net Member
How much AR ??

how much AR is needed for a ww barb to have a good time in pvm ??? right now i have 8k and it seems kinda low my invent is full of AR SC and GCs not the best but everyone have AR or FHR oh and also is FHR needed ? =)

sirwhere

Diabloii.Net Member
FHR from gui's helm is usually enough. As for AR, you can try Hsaru's boots/belt. You lose some deadly strike from gore's but improve greatly on AR. Angelic ring/amulet is nice, but you'd have to drop highlord's for that and that's kinda.. sucky.

I have 6k AR (mostly charms) and can hit most stuff no problem.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
i would say 10k ar should be more than enough pvm, you should be aware that your level also helps to improve chance to hit quite a bit
with the same AR you will notice a considerable improvement in hitting between a level 70 char and lvl 90

if you still got trouble, you can improve ar with these:
- demon limb on switch for enchant
- 2x ravenfrosts if you don't use them yet
- 1xx ar charms
- angelic ring+amu combo for +1xxx ar
- metalgrid

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member
Weapon type can have a big affect on hitting too, what are you ww'n with?
Also, I wouldn't give up any items so I could have higher FHR, it doesn't really
do much for you while your in ww.

sTrd

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thx for the tips ... i use Ebotd BA along with highlord 1 raven and dual leech ring

havent played much melee chars and this barb is fun he isnt that good but he get the job done and almost never lose health ^^ but he miss so much against bosses so hmm i dunno :S

oh and should i invest in Conc when i have maxed shout/bo/Inc lvl skill/WW
or maybe iron skin or nat res ?? i have full res and 14k def so how much a diff will some points in iron skin make ?

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thx for the tips ... i use Ebotd BA along with highlord 1 raven and dual leech ring

havent played much melee chars and this barb is fun he isnt that good but he get the job done and almost never lose health ^^ but he miss so much against bosses so hmm i dunno :S

oh and should i invest in Conc when i have maxed shout/bo/Inc lvl skill/WW
or maybe iron skin or nat res ?? i have full res and 14k def so how much a diff will some points in iron skin make ?
Ah, Bosses. Yeah I use the same weapon, similar ar. I thought you were talking monsters in general. Bosses, like Baal or Ubers are a problem with ww since you can't leach off them effectively. You can boost ar like LeoHappy was sayin but still leach is an issue- get potions. I can't be bothered so I use
zerk or conc (1 pt to skill) which will still have typically higher ar/damage then ww maxed and little leach needed. Also, LoH, is pretty sweet for making your hits count and will help you hit a solid conc/zerk attack speed breakpoint, should you choose to remove highlord for higher ar. I'm not a big fan of Hybrid on skills, I think it could be a waste depending on what you wanna do with the barb in the future. If you use LoH, Highlords, Botd, 2 x (40%ed/15%IAS) jewels you'll hit the last speed breakpoint for conc/zerk and that alone will make you a little hybrid with out having to mess up skills to do so.

edit:i prefer tap on drac's for uber'n

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
hell bosses usually have about 50% dr and 50% block so they're more difficult to kill with melee (chars using elemental dmg have a considerable advantage here)

if you want to kill bosses better i recomment merc with reapers toll polearm (decrepify) which will negate their dr, slow them down etc