Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how many

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fallen_62, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

how many

people in the OTF community are agnostic/atheistic (sp?)? it seems like a high number to me... as for myself, i am catholic by birth, but i dont really follow the rules... i am more agnostic than anything... i havent told my rents, cuz they would kill me (and my mom has gotten on a church craze lately, bah!!!!!!!), but i just dont really think there is a supreme being out there... or it there is, how did it get there, etc... anyway, back to my original question... who here is agnostic/atheistic?

2. Pidder

Pidder IncGamers Member

Atheist.

I recently left the church of Sweden so now they can't send me to hell anymore ;)

3. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

I guess I´m an agnostic... haven´t decided on that yet though ;)

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I have a great problem with all religions and philosophies who believe in all-powerful, eternal and faultless entities.

I also don't believe in any world views that makes the human being something special apart from other material things.

Finally the whole concept of salvation seems quite abhorrent to me.

5. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I was born and raised a catholic, and even was the best student to ever attend my Sunday school (big whoop!). I guess I just got too smart and asked too many questions. Athiest now.

6. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I'm a heathen. Last night I had a huge bonfire and we sacrificed some babies.

Good times.

7. toader

toader Banned

one vote for Protestant.

I know you only asked for atheist/agnostic but I felt it would be nice to know how many of everything we got here.

8. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Atheist here too. I don't like religions and their beliefs.

9. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

atheist, and my mom/sisters knows. don't think they really care too much

10. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

I'm fiercely athiest, and am against all forms of religion.

11. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

dats true... might as well say what u are... religious/religion or atheistic/agnostic

and yea... the more i think about it, the more i come up with questions about "God" and how he came to be, and why... im more of a reasonal person... i need things explained other than "He made them" and thats the way it is...

i believe in the evolution theory, as it were, and that is "against catholic religion" i guess... i did ask questions in my CCD/sunday school classes, but for some strange reason, they never got answered the way i wanted... wonder why...

12. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Well when you're older and sick and dying, I can see why you might turn to religion once again. Personally I think most religions stem from man's fear of death and the unknown. I mean, going to a land of extreme perfection does sound appealing, but it's completely not plausible in my world...

I wouldn't exactly force yourself to become an atheist, just let things come as they do is my opinion. I'm glad I was raised a catholic as a child, because it fueled my fire for atheism. I think one drawback to being an atheist is my acceptance of things as they are. When the pope dies, he's going to be happy he lived his life and would now rise into the arms of God, so he'll die with a smile on his face. When I die, I'm going to think "Well, this is it. Game over man." And then die, and rot, like people do.

:rant:

13. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

I consider myself christian, but I do not practice my faith. At this point in my life, I cannot reconcile parts of the christian faith with how I feel personally. As a result, I've not renounced my faith by any means... but I don't practice it at all. I'm not sure exactly what that classifies me as.

14. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

What Christian does practice their faith? Don't beat yourself up over it; in my eyes you're better off than 90% of the Christians I know, who "claim" to practice their faith. You get kudos from me either way.

15. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Apathetic agnostic. I don't know and I don't care.

16. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

:D

You could also add defensive to that if you wanted to just to make it even more interesting. ;)

17. Cmdr_Adeon

Cmdr_Adeon IncGamers Member

I'm agnostic

18. redneck hater

redneck hater IncGamers Member

Agnostic, I really can't go all the way to athiest, Althought I might. I've never went to church, but for now agnostic seems fine with me.

19. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

The CAP Alerts guy does. Obsessively. For an example, he wrote this in his review for the Butterfly effect.

Anyways... Obviously I'm atheist. And, like GPBH I'm fiercly against any religion whatsoever. As James Madison once said, I believe "Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."

20. piff

piff IncGamers Member

I'm Catholic by name, though I don't agree with most of it. I do beleive in one God, Jesus, His son, and the Holy Spirit, and that forgivness, good, salvation, and eternal life come through Them. Other than that, I don't really beleive in a specific religion.