How many times...?

Agateryon

Diabloii.Net Member
How many times...?

how many times have u been killed by that teleporting thing from occulus?

i cant count all of them :lol: but i don´t wanna change due to those lovely 50mf and 20 resist...

CrazyPayne

Diabloii.Net Member
I have been killed too many times by that triggering that I no longer use it.

My sorc's either use wiz spike, HoTO or Death's Fathom.

I only use the 50% mf from Shako on my sorc's as I like killing power/survivability over mf.

Agateryon

Diabloii.Net Member
Im using shako, skullders, occulus, mosers, arach, waterwalk and chance guards and i can easely make runs in hell. I have around 300mf. But the occy... ARGH. I just cant afford a death fanthom...

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Agateryon said:
Enough times that I don't consider the Oculus a viable endgame orb anymore. It was fine in 1.09, but with the very low xp gain post-90 in 1.10, the orb's benefits no longer outweigh the risk. The Oculus is fine for NM, but by Hell I've always had a different orb waiting in the wings. And Hardcore? Forget it - I wouldn't even use the Occy in NM. :lol:

For killing/survival gear, I'm partial to Tal set + Stormshield. For MFing, I've always prefered Ali Baba (or Gull) + Rhyme.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Agateryon said:

i cant count all of them :lol: but i don´t wanna change due to those lovely 50mf and 20 resist...
I haven't been killed once by it, in fact, it has saved my sorc's life numerous times when encountering big bad boss packs or mana burners :thumbsup:

txmielnik

Diabloii.Net Member
The oculus has also saved my life a couple of times, so i don't dislike the weapon, it would be a horror in hardcore though.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Due to that chance to cast teleport I could not land a meteor in a PK's(?) head.

Was in a open questing game in act 2 and was on our way to get the staff when a lvl 91 paladin joined and hostiled everyone exept one. Everyone went to town since all expected it to be a hammerdin or a charger, I thought to myself why not have some fun, so i took the wp out and found the paladin in a fight with some beatles (singin' "Hey Jude"). So I blasted away some fireballs, when I got him down to half health he aparantly drank a potion, 'cuz his health bar was full again, so I pressed the hotkey for meteor. Next thing I know I was teleing all over the place, from one beatle to another. It was just save and exit the game since it was ruined anyway.

- D.J.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Agateryon said:

stopped counting them back in 1.09.
Also, stopped use occu in 1.10, since the wonderful eschutas popped up.
Wonder if any HC player dare to use occu. If I played HC, I sure wouldn't

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
I only use the occy until I get to the full tal set.

If only there was a way to turn off the tele!!!!

:rolleyes:

Seaskye

Diabloii.Net Member
I Love the Occy EXCEPT for the Teleport,, I've gotten to the point where I
stand way back esp from boss packs and then it usually does't kick in.
It also lets me know when I'm getting tired and careless as I start teleporting all over then I know it is time to quit and go to sleep.!

Seaskye

Twoflower

Banned
i never use it exactly cause of the teleport... as i dont use king leoric any more cause of the bone wall... too many weapons out there taht are as good

SDK

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never been killed because of it, but it does mess with my head. Kind of jarring to be thrown across the screen, makes me feel like i'm :stoned:
"What? what happened? where am i?"

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
DjSlayer said:
...so I pressed the hotkey for meteor. Next thing I know I was teleing all over the place, from one beatle to another. It was just save and exit the game since it was ruined anyway.

- D.J.
I don't understand what happened :scratch:. Can you explain precisely, is it a bug or something like that ? Never tried that (I don't play PvP).

Agateryon

Diabloii.Net Member
i think he means that those electric bolts from beatles (due to being hit by meteor) were hitting him and hence triggered the telepor thingy :p

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
If only there was a way to turn off the tele!!!!
Any powerful item should have drawbacks :) D2 players are just too spoiled since most items only have benefical mods, or "bad" mods that are far too harmless to notice (I think Gull has something like -4 mana, or items with -light radius).

I don't like the bonetrap on the AoKL, although it's considerably less dangerous than the teleport... and doesn't hit often enough, as I only use AoKL to raise stuff.

Offhand the only items I remember where people notice the bad mods are Occulus, AoKL, Malice and Andariel's Visage.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't count the number of times Occy saved my noob, trying-to-teleport-to Throne-of-Destruction-with-only-50% FCR butt.