Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How many times does blizzard hit?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Zroc, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

How many times does blizzard hit?

Just curious...I'm sort've contemplating a meteor/blizz sorc, where I'd just max blizzard instead of FO. I'm guesstimating the damage to be roughly 450 for FO versus 1250 for blizzard. Thing is, the way I play, using Baal for an example, I FO, static, then meteor, fireball, fireball, fireball, fireball, meteor...rinse repeat.

I'm just wondering roughly how many times blizzard hits...say I cast it on baal, and he doesn't move out of it, roughly how many times would that strike him in 4 seconds?

Thanks!

2. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

blizzard will hit a few times, but I think you're better off with the meteorb sorc then a meteorblizz.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Depends on how much he's moving. It's entirely possible that Blizzard doesn't even hit him once.

Just a quick tip, don't cast Blizzard on him with the pointer on him (name shows) but cast it just in front of him. I seem to get more hits that way.

4. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

baal is the worst when you use blizzard because he doesn't walk much and monsters that walk or move alot tend to get hit by it more.
    mephisto + moat trick is perfect for blizzard, since mephisto takes about 5 hits per blizzard since hes moving all the time stuck in place
    meteor is less effective.

5. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

Ah, good...glad I asked. No blizz for me then, I'll stick with orb.

6. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

Before this one closes up...Question???

450 on FO is just the main orb, off shooting shards I am told add to damage as well.

1250 on blizzard.. does that refer to the entire 4 second attack, to to each main falling tendril.

This has always bugged me about Blizzard's (the Company) lack of consistancy in fully describing their skills. They list the residual damage on meteor, but not on Blizzard. thisn makes skill sellection more difficult.

Has anyone actually been able to figure the actual damage done by Blizz, if a targeted monster walks through and receives multiple hits?

7. jason166

jason166 IncGamers Member

450 is the damage for each shard from the orb, so most targets you aim at will get hit by 6-10 shards, you can see why frozen orb is much better for your build. I would only go blizzard if you are maxing it's synergies.

8. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

I get the 450 x 6 to 10 for a potential 2700 - 4500 damage with FO but ....

With 5 to 6 falling tendrils of blizzard,@ 1250 each, if traget walks in to 1 falling tendril damage = 1250. If they move into 5 tendrils (I agree it's highly improbable) then would the damage be still 1250 (damage capped per blizzad cast) or 6250 (damage stacked per tendril)

The main reason is that I can get a pretty good consistant stack of falling blizzard going. If I cast three hits of blizzard in rapid succession, (yes I know its timed but the on screen appearance is that there is some stacking going on like with meteor but not as high volume or as powerful) am I stacking the damage.

For example, Each monster hit by multiple tendrils per blizzard cast. (lets say three for discussion) each monster would be hit by 2750 for each cast. Then with 3 casts stacked, you're looking at 8250 damage by the time the third casting has died out.

Can blizz be worked this way. This is how it appears when I am playing my archmage with blizz. But on-screen appearance vs actuall calulated damage are two different creatures.