Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how many souls?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Undisputed Ruler of All, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Undisputed Ruler of All

Undisputed Ruler of All IncGamers Member

how many souls?

In my business class, we are doing an advertising project. It is very open, and the teacher said that we may advertise anything that we like. So my group decided to advertise the Dark Side. It's actually more of a political thing in one of our many attempts to take over the world, but we have a broad marketing strategy selling merchandise of a wide variety of items. We needed a price range, so we decided that in order to join the Dark Side, you must sell us your soul for $5 and a complimentary cookie. We need a goal for how much profit to make in large cities like say, Vancouver, New York, Hong Kong...

So the question is- how many souls ought we aim for?

2. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

billions..

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Everyone's. You might have to give more cookies to those religious folk, but aim high!
    Realisically, all atheists shouldnt have a problem with it, i'd sell my soul right now, but i cant get paypal to work, so you'd have to send my money some other way.
    Also, what kind of cookie are we talking about? can we choose?

4. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Sorry bro, you will have to fight for market share in that city. Someone claimed the first mover advantage years ago - now only a handful of New Yorkers haven't sold out.

Garbad

5. kernelpops

kernelpops IncGamers Member

5$ a soul in New York won't pay the rent on the office, even if you got all the New Yorkers in on it. Remember in New York you would be up against Trump and Limbaugh.

6. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

all you need is my soul which is very expensive

7. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

$5 and a cookie? sing me up!!!

8. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

More than 6, but less than 7.

9. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I think you should charge more. have you done some preliminary pricing research? I bet the demand curve is relatively inelastic. people are already pretty decided on their souls. they're either willing to sell, or they aren't.

but you gotta offer me something pretty good to get me to fork over $5 and a cookie. I really like cookies. of course, my price doesn't really matter because I sold my soul to the dark side for natalie portman (I'm allowing 4-6 weeks for delivery).

10. Undisputed Ruler of All

I think that you misunderstand. We give the $5 to you. People from all around the world don't truly appreciate the value of a soul, and therefore we on the dark side wish to exploit that, 'cause I think that if I have enough people to join the dark side, I can convince them that they need to tithe, and I'll use that money to buy the souls. And also, these are DAMN good cookies. I make them myself. I have already spoken of them in another forum, and I already mentioned that they come in all varieties, shapes, sizes (including ewoks and gungans...) so just make sure that you pick a really big one, then it's worth it. If Natalie Portman isn't delivered to you in the 4-6 weeks, they automatically revoke their claim on your soul, so you can come to us and get $5 and a cookie... I suppose it doesn't really matter, since you're already on the dark side, but still... come on. Five bucks. And a cookie.

We might cut you a deal. How much would you like for your soul? $10? 2 cookies? come on, like I said, they're DAMN good cookies.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Would that be natalie in star wars, or her after starwars when she shaved her hair and now looks umm....weird.
    And someone beat you to it im afraid... Clickidy click

12. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

What kind of cookies are we talking?

Oh and I would stay away from Vancouver, I just got out of a relationship with a Canadian, and I can assure you they have no souls.

13. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

I resent that!!! since both me and Undisputed are from canada, and live only 4 hrs away from vancouver.....i can assure you that we do have souls!!!! if we didn't then i wouldn't be wiating for my cookie.........

14. Undisputed Ruler of All

Yes, I'm sorry to have to argue, but Canadians most definately have souls... Maybe the one you met didn't, but me and Keldaris do... and Keldaris, you know that you have to wait til I get my baking supplies before I can make you your special cookie. By the way, when the actual transaction happens for me to purchase your soul, we're gonna have to write up some kind of contract or proof of purchase, 'cause much as I trust you, I don't trust you that much.