How many of you...

theredpredator

Diabloii.Net Member
Playing a game from a1-5 normal nm and hell mode is gonna take A LONG time. Tough yesterday i started a light sorc, and with about 5 other players we did act1 all quests. That was pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
You really should ask this question in singleplayer forum ^^
If I play single, then yes, If cattle.net, then partly.

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
my best times: 30 minutes through normal, 15 through nm, 30 through hell.
I call BS.

Simply no way to do act 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in normal in 30 mins, even with a tweaked character, unless you got rushed, which your earlier comments state that you didnt.

Edit: Proof in the form of footage of the fastest recorded time for someone to complete normal difficulty, just under 2 hours...

Arb

Wurmer

Diabloii.Net Member
I have made dozens of character, most of them paladin and I always go through the game without being rushed. I had maybe 4 or 5 rushed but that's still a very low % compare to the number of character I have made. I quested the game a lot of times solo but I also did it quite a few times with a friend of mine who liked the game as much as I.

In fact what I miss most are the old days when the game was new and no one knew what he/she was doing. No one had godly gear and teaming up to beat each act was very necessairy in order to survive. Those are the days

Speedster

Diabloii.Net Member
druliusCleaver said:
I've almost never rushed. When I first started battle-netting I accidentally got rushed by chasing the rushing parties through the acts, and once I rushed through Hell up to ancients just because I was having fun playing with the players in the game. But normally, I play the whole game through with every character (I've only built 4 chars past lvl 50 since 1.10) because I don't see the point in only running certain high exp areas, I like the diversity they built into the story and locales. Besides, SOJs and killer gear can drop anywhere beyond their first drop area, there's not much difference between highly unlikely and very higher unlikely in my book. They both take tremendous luck to drop your way.

But then, at 43, I'm probably just old and old fashioned. I'm old enough to actually remember playing my family's Sears brand Pong game for about 6 months after the xmas it arrived under the tree. ...Then the atari 2600 came out.

Can anyone else top my age, or do I get to claim the age crown on this forum?
No, I'm a mere toddler at 39. I get rushed so I can get some decent skills (sorcs are just pathetic till at least level 24 or 30.) I have solo'ed the whole game, and even after I've matriarched a sorc I'll take her back to do all quests. But - honestly what's new in Sanctuary anymore? The novelty is finding good drops, not killing duriel for the 300th time. (I think my merc could solo now, while I sit around and watch...)

The Most Fun I have now (really) is helping new players through the game in Hell. Not rushing, but helping. Decent XP for that as well.

mdkkns

Diabloii.Net Member
I have played chars with no rushes. My very first was a fire sorc during the start of this ladder. Normal and nightmare was a breeze but hell was well... hell. It was difficult for me to find decent playing parties in hell. But I did survive and eventually beat Baal with a full party. Boy, it was FUN.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark said:
I call BS.

Simply no way to do act 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in normal in 30 mins, even with a tweaked character, unless you got rushed, which your earlier comments state that you didnt.

Edit: Proof in the form of footage of the fastest recorded time for someone to complete normal difficulty, just under 2 hours...

Arb
all it is level first then quest. level to 18 first with a sorc, tp through. i was messing around last night, did nm a1 in 5 minutes with a lvl 30 sorc. the time i did it in 15, i happened to have the horadric staff and an extra khalim's flail. that guy who did it in 2 hours scouted all the areas first. if i level, twink and scout beforehand...meh.

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
level to 18 first with a sorc, tp through
Yeah, sorc at level 18 + tons of mana potions = practically self-rush (except for killing a few bosses here and there). And just playing through Act 1 will get you close to level 18 pretty fast, although Trist runs can help a lot, too. Especially if you tweak.

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
For pure interest , I watched the videos done on the "2 hours to kill Baal "from scratch.
I must say this is really impressive. The guy did not even dare to replace armor (from lvl 4) or repair it until fighting Baal.
With BoS, the assassin run fast.
Lots of red and blue pots, which required from him certain keyboard and mouse skills.
Frankly, I don't see how it is feasible from lvl 1 till 21 in front of baal to go faster (4 times less) . Of course all maps were unchanged and known by the player. EVen though, 30 min for normal seems not feasible. What time do u need to level your 18 sorc??
But i'm ready to watch video proof ...