How many of you...

sheepe2004

Diabloii.Net Member
I always go all the way through hell with my pvm characters (only exception is mules getting rushed for hf) but i often rush through normal because i find it annoying not having any skills or stamina :rant:

druliusCleaver

Diabloii.Net Member
I've almost never rushed. When I first started battle-netting I accidentally got rushed by chasing the rushing parties through the acts, and once I rushed through Hell up to ancients just because I was having fun playing with the players in the game. But normally, I play the whole game through with every character (I've only built 4 chars past lvl 50 since 1.10) because I don't see the point in only running certain high exp areas, I like the diversity they built into the story and locales. Besides, SOJs and killer gear can drop anywhere beyond their first drop area, there's not much difference between highly unlikely and very higher unlikely in my book. They both take tremendous luck to drop your way.

But then, at 43, I'm probably just old and old fashioned. I'm old enough to actually remember playing my family's Sears brand Pong game for about 6 months after the xmas it arrived under the tree. ...Then the atari 2600 came out.

Can anyone else top my age, or do I get to claim the age crown on this forum?

Ebuski

Diabloii.Net Member
What are you guys talking about??

Are you trying to tell me there are more areas in the game besides tristram, andy, pindle, the pit, eldritch, meph, diablo, and baal?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i've never been rushed. i've played through around 50 chars solo, another 20 up to hell hellforge, roughly 20 barbs, 3 necros, 3 amazons, 2 paladins and the rest sorcs. around 3 chars i had help through hell ancients, all single tree sorcs. a couple of chars i played with other people while questing just to see how it went. it went. i've abandoned 1-2 chars before hellforge out of boredom because i was trying unusual builds. the most boring char of them all: hammerdin. i want to puke everytime i see a pillar or doorway to this day. in the last ladder, superhal 4 and 5 were all sorcs i solod myself through hellforge. in this ladder, i made 9 sorcs so far. at least 20 chars were base vit, another 10 were pure str. this ladder i made 3 pure nrg builds so far, my first actually. my best times: 30 minutes through normal, 15 through nm, 30 through hell.

dear blizzard: please remove a level from act 1 jail and catacombs please. 7 levels of stupid mazes back to back is too much, and you have to do them 3 times each if you quest yourself. this is the de-facto reason why i don't make chars without tp anymore.

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
Impressive, being so fast on normal , NM and Hell.
But in average, how much time do u spend per week to have built 50 char. ?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i had 5 accounts in .09, 5 in .10 first season ladder, and i'm 3 chars into my third on this ladder. i'd say i've been playing just under 2 years, with a break in the middle of a year and a half for jobs/school/etc.

it's not like i enjoy them after the quests are done. usually within minutes of finishing baal i'm stripping them down. rarely do i play them past lvl 77. ** is as patient as i can be nowadays with baalruns, but even with cows i never could get past 92. my very first char, an mf barb, never got past 84.

usually i'll make just 1 char of a particular build type. but with hellforge, i've been having a lot of fun playing unusual builds.

kmk-soldier

Diabloii.Net Member
ive played with +/- 10 chars non rush (5 were single player :rolleyes: )
the other 5 were at the start at battle net, so I did just the same, then a few friends said they could "rush" me.First I thought, that cant be, but after I realised how it worked and I liked it very much :p
much easier and faster :lol:

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
All I ever play is HC, Untwinked, All Quests, All WPs in a group...

Don't even MF these days anymore.

shannonowalker

Diabloii.Net Member
druliusCleaver said:
But then, at 43, I'm probably just old and old fashioned. I'm old enough to actually remember playing my family's Sears brand Pong game for about 6 months after the xmas it arrived under the tree. ...Then the atari 2600 came out.

Ah...pong was fun. But my parents never bought me an Atari. Ever.

"Why do we need that? We've got pong!"

Hard to criticize them too much. I mean, they did blow big bucks on pong. :)

Anticrombie

Diabloii.Net Member
shannonowalker said:
Ah...pong was fun. But my parents never bought me an Atari. Ever.

"Why do we need that? We've got pong!"

Hard to criticize them too much. I mean, they did blow big bucks on pong. :)

I'm 16, and i got an atari when i was about 8. We got it for about 5 bucks at a garage sale with about 8 games. By then they already had the playstation, but i thought atari was just the coolest thing. A few years later i got a Nentendo (the oooold one) Duck hunt, the mario games, and Burgertime. Great games. So i got respect for the old-skool systems. Never tried pong tho.

shannonowalker

Diabloii.Net Member
Anticrombie said:
I'm 16, and i got an atari when i was about 8. We got it for about 5 bucks at a garage sale with about 8 games. By then they already had the playstation, but i thought atari was just the coolest thing. A few years later i got a Nentendo (the oooold one) Duck hunt, the mario games, and Burgertime. Great games. So i got respect for the old-skool systems. Never tried pong tho.
Well, my 10 year old son is hooked on the old Nintendo & Sega Genesis games. He'd rather play those than play his playstation 2 games, for the most part. He's such a little geek. We're both sooooo proud! :)

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i had a pong console. it had 3 different games on it. it was the shiznat.

i'm like the only person i know that knows what "jai alai" means.

and i know it for something totally different than what it really means.

druliusCleaver

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
i had a pong console. it had 3 different games on it. it was the shiznat.

i'm like the only person i know that knows what "jai alai" means.

and i know it for something totally different than what it really means.
As I recall, our pong console had two games, "handball" for one player, and "tennis" for two players.

I had to use lawnmowing money to get the atari, then I sold it for an Intellivision, then sold that for a Nintendo, and sold that for an Amiga500. I still have the Amiga (it's been upgraded to a blazing 30 mhz processor, 12 mb of ram, and a whopping 280 mb hardrive.) I only use it for specific midi tasks now. It still does them better than my pc. But sometimes I also nostalgically pull out an old amiga game on floppy, like Earl Weaver Baseball, and fire it up.

Leviticus Darksyde

Diabloii.Net Member
I play right through, because why would I do otherwise?

It's pretty much the only way I can get my characters to high levels. I tried getting rushed through once, and I found my character didn't gain much experience doing it that way. I got a necro to Slayer this way (though he was just a prototype; I deleted him knowing I could do better with the skill tree). I also prefer to play solo; this way I avoid people looking for a fight (I'm not really into PvP; I feel it's a waste of my time).

I haven't played much online lately because the cafe I was playing from went out of business, and I hadn't found a new place to play since. So I just play solo on my computer.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
druliusCleaver said:
As I recall, our pong console had two games, "handball" for one player, and "tennis" for two players.

I had to use lawnmowing money to get the atari, then I sold it for an Intellivision, then sold that for a Nintendo, and sold that for an Amiga500. I still have the Amiga (it's been upgraded to a blazing 30 mhz processor, 12 mb of ram, and a whopping 280 mb hardrive.) I only use it for specific midi tasks now. It still does them better than my pc. But sometimes I also nostalgically pull out an old amiga game on floppy, like Earl Weaver Baseball, and fire it up.
i always wanted a coleco vision with it's super cool 20 pound cpu/tape drive.

the amiga is a classic, i never got one though. at the time, i had a choice between a pcjr and an apple IIe. should have went with the 2e. :(

another system i always drooled over at product shows was the odessey with it's blazing fast cartridge system.

all my friends had the c64 with the auto-misaligned drive heads and 30 minute load times.

you want nostalgia? here: www.the-underdogs.org. best. site. ever.

[edit] on that pcjr, i burned out two motherboards in under a month playing zork. i guess that should have told me something. i go through around 3-6 mice a year, and 2-3 keyboards. i buy them in bulk already.

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
druliusCleaver said:
I

But then, at 43, I'm probably just old and old fashioned. (...) Can anyone else top my age, or do I get to claim the age crown on this forum?
Depends on when you will turn 44. :D

I once got rushed just b/c I liked one of the people playing -- when it was only the 2 of us remaining, I died repeatedly amid a pack of skellie archers. Never got around to improving that character & finding that player again, alas. Now the only mp I play is with a friend (in real life) and we are not doing full clears but doing all quests, untwinked. I like playing as a team, but I mostly do SP -- mix of weird variants and not-very-high-level standard chars.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Happens like once every ladder season or so ;)
But Ive played through the whole game once in single player...

buttaz

Diabloii.Net Member
ya knw now that im in hell i think i can take it with my Hammerdin, and will try to go thru without a rush... Act3 blows...

Laarz

Diabloii.Net Member
TrubbaNot said:
Depends on when you will turn 44. :D

I once got rushed just b/c I liked one of the people playing -- when it was only the 2 of us remaining, I died repeatedly amid a pack of skellie archers. Never got around to improving that character & finding that player again, alas. Now the only mp I play is with a friend (in real life) and we are not doing full clears but doing all quests, untwinked. I like playing as a team, but I mostly do SP -- mix of weird variants and not-very-high-level standard chars.
I guess at 59 I may own the age crown mostly I play alone