How many of you...

IceWeazel

Diabloii.Net Member
How many of you...

Accually play the game all the way through (not rushed)

I recently made a hammerdin and iwas bored so i played the game fully through normal, im wondering have many of you ACCUALLY do thta.

IceWeazel said:

I recently made a hammerdin and iwas bored so i played the game fully through normal, im wondering have many of you ACCUALLY do thta.
i did that once with 3 friends - it was a nice change and all but i wouldn't be able to do that for every new char i made. -.-

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
When questing, I play through nearly all of the game solo. There are a few exceptions where I need help from other players (for the very first character in a new ladder season - always a fire/cold sorc so far) or from myself on computer 2 (for any character after that). Exceptions are Duriel, Ancients, OKs or, in case of my LF cow javazon, 3/4 of hell.

There are a few characters who truly soloed through everything, although with twinked gear: My hammerdin and my bowazon, for example.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes I usually play the game the slow way. Since I don't make that many characters, I kind of enjoy the slow pace. That's even more true when I play a totally new character build, so playing slower on lower levels allows me more practice with skills and mistakes are more easily forgiven.

I see a lot of level 80+ who haven't got a clue how to play their chars...

shannonowalker

Diabloii.Net Member
That's pretty much how I always play the game. I tried following the lvling guides and getting up high without playing it through and found it to be boring.

Of course, if I find myself up a ways and my level isn't high enough to proceed, I will stop and go do runs somewhere until I level some more and maybe find some loot to boot. But I still think that counts as what you were talking about. I do all the quests and get all the waypoints and just have a blast with it.

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
i just started my 4th player account, and i think i end up doing it for at least once character per account. it revitalizes my intrest in the game to get back to what it was meant to be. i even turn on the music, and listen to all the sounds they made for the game.

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
90 % of the time I solo even if it is a long way to Hell Baal.
Why ?
- I was rushed sometimes and when playing solo my character was unable to survive because it did not reach the right lvl.
- It always goes very fast for my age (39) and my lack of skills in chat language is tremendous. I know what is "tp", "wp" but the rest is ......So no time to go to town for a red and blue pot and surely I am always late to catch the good drops, I repeat, I never catch the good drops, even If I make the last hit, which is frustrating. LOL ! but frustrating.
- My merc is always left behind , and I had to replay several hours just letting him doing expe run to catch up, even following lvl guides.
- How can I mule in confidence my bonehew, or homonc, I know it is also risky in solo to get disconnected. Generally I play untwinked. No enigma, no Botd, Coh, ....
- I'm ennoyed with this duelling runners or PK.
- I only have time to play the friday night, so only 7 hours per week to raise my pal 85, necro 83, trapsin 79, barbs 35,28, sorc 15, kicksin 42, fishmancer 35.;elementaldru 19

10% I like playing with others: Sometimes good trades, sometimes bad trades
sometimes very friendly players, thanks to them.

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
zeskelnec said:
90 % of the time I solo even if it is a long way to Hell Baal.
Why ?
- I was rushed sometimes and when playing solo my character was unable to survive because it did not reach the right lvl.
- It always goes very fast for my age (39) and my lack of skills in chat language is tremendous. I know what is "tp", "wp" but the rest is ......So no time to go to town for a red and blue pot and surely I am always late to catch the good drops, I repeat, I never catch the good drops, even If I make the last hit, which is frustrating. LOL ! but frustrating.
- My merc is always left behind , and I had to replay several hours just letting him doing expe run to catch up, even following lvl guides.
- How can I mule in confidence my bonehew, or homonc, I know it is also risky in solo to get disconnected. Generally I play untwinked. No enigma, no Botd, Coh, ....
- I'm ennoyed with this duelling runners or PK.
- I only have time to play the friday night, so only 7 hours per week to raise my pal 85, necro 83, trapsin 79, barbs 35,28, sorc 15, kicksin 42, fishmancer 35.;elementaldru 19

10% I like playing with others: Sometimes good trades, sometimes bad trades
sometimes very friendly players, thanks to them.
man zeskelnec, i wish you were on west. i think you and i would get along great :) (im turning 32 in a few days).

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
if any of you are starting characters untwinked, i'd love to quest with you. i don't normally play like this, but it's much more fun, generally.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
Yes I usually play the game the slow way. Since I don't make that many characters, I kind of enjoy the slow pace. That's even more true when I play a totally new character build, so playing slower on lower levels allows me more practice with skills and mistakes are more easily forgiven.

I see a lot of level 80+ who haven't got a clue how to play their chars...
I've actually been in hell games where others dont even have a clue on what to do next. kinda makes me wonder how they got to hell when they dont know what quests to do.

these days when I'm not in a hurry I password my game. this way I dont have #1 people who join, then all of the sudden start saying lets rush to act5 and take control of the game #2 higher lvls who come in and kill bosses I'll need for the quest

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Every character

IceWeazel said:

Not a joke.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
zeskelnec said:
- It always goes very fast for my age (39)
Nice to see that I'm not the oldest one here :)

Sharaz said:
im turning 32 in a few days
But I'm still much older than you :lol:

I like to play alone and to do things the slow way, just like you. The main reason why I'm on bnet instead of playing alone is trading. I could play on single player, of course, but I guess I would lack the time and the patience to find my own HRs etc. It's no problem to get them with an item editor, of course, but IMO that's a worse kind of cheating yourself than trading items which are most probably duped.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Nice to see that I'm not the oldest one here :)

But I'm still much older than you :lol:

I like to play alone and to do things the slow way, just like you. The main reason why I'm on bnet instead of playing alone is trading. I could play on single player, of course, but I guess I would lack the time and the patience to find my own HRs etc. It's no problem to get them with an item editor, of course, but IMO that's a worse kind of cheating yourself than trading items which are most probably duped.
always nice when we not the oldest ones eh? :lol

as for being 32? I shant say a word about it since, if I tell the truth about my age, then I'm older too :lol:

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
IceWeazel said:

Ive done it a lot of times, but i have been rushed a lot of times too.

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't remember when I last time leveled my char from act1 normal to act5 hell all by myself.
Must've been some single player times 2 years ago.
If you play the game "as it was meant to be played", you'd most likely have to do it alone and that's not cool.
It also takes quite a lot of time and the game isn't that interesting to me anymore to actually spend time leveling like that.
I level on diablo/baal games these days or on some other areas as long as there are 8 players.

Twoflower

Banned
i ve played trough the game for almost 3 years, but in th elast 2 years i can t be bothered any more to do it :) so hip hip hurray for rushes

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
my point is, that ive let my friends list get *very* short, as i cant seem to find people who value the work and time it takes to build up characters and wealth. they dont just happen over night. ive met many people lately, who start out seeming ok, but then end up just begging for everything they thing they need from me. these people, are generally always under the age of 18, and have no sense of what it takes to work for a living and make your own way in the real world.

;)