Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How many of you have made botd?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by distancepieman, Apr 5, 2004.

1. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

How many of you have made botd?

I'm planning on making one for my might merc for my summon necro. I have the runes I need, now I'm just waiting for the right polearm to come along. It'd be awesome if i could find an eth superior something or other, but i haven't had much luck.
    So now to my ?'s:
    1.) Is it wise to make and use this? (pretty sure it'd be good for trade value anyway)
    2.) Which weapon suggested? (merc is lvl 89 now, want to make sure he can use it after i make it)
    3.) What would be the trade value for the socketed weapon alone, as in, how much should i expect to be trading for one? (i've seen people asking high runes for them, is this the common asking price range)
    4.) Off the above topic--what armors are your mercs utilizing? (just curious what the rest of you suggest)

thanks for reading, have a nice Monday :sleep:

~Bails

2. knuckle_sammich

knuckle_sammich IncGamers Member

Eth ghost spear will squeeze the max damage you're looking for. Makes your merc a killing machine. However, you may want to consider trading those runes for Doom Runeword. That will raise might skill by 2 pts and give the old double-aura effect. There's alot to be said about the holy-freeze aura given by Doom. Gives your skeletons a better chance of diving in and beating the crapolla out of any monster that stands in your way (cold immunes included).

-Knuckles

3. Starcrunch

Starcrunch IncGamers Member

The mod that worries me most about Doom is the hit freezes target mod as this always results in shattering (I think) and since my merc almost always kills first I can't CE the corpse to help my army kill faster.

-Starcrunch

4. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I have made 4 BotD:

Crusader Bow
    Eth Berserker Axe
    Eth Great Poleaxe
    Eth Ghost Spear

I only have the Zerker axe ne more cause its just that cool, BUT, an eth Great Poleaxe is what I would use for merc. Better min, but less max, same Avg though. Looks cool too!

~Kbob

5. distancepieman

any idea what an eth great poleaxe (preferably superior, but either way) would cost me in trades? (runes or otherwise) because i haven't been that lucky with my socketed drops lately.

thanks for the above input, all. :thumbsup:

~Bails

6. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Used to be best place to find stuff like that was Hell cows. Found like 2-3 Eth GPs. Don't know about now.

On Ladder, I'm guessing soj or less prob for one. Try low. Start with Ist or so.

Non-Lad. No clue.
    ~Kbob

7. ReD VeNDeTTa

ReD VeNDeTTa IncGamers Member

look 4 ogre axe maybe (base of bonehew) i dunno where to find stuff like that just uniqs, there was this good spear thoo can remember the name but it was like
    300-500 dmg
    450psn dmg over 3secs
    +4 all skills (good for aura)
    and the rest i dont remember....

8. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

You are thinking of ariocs and it has more like 100 - 300 damage. Sucks really. Merc has to be wanna say 82 or something to use it. Only gets good damage if its eth.

Best Unique Pole: Tomb Reaver: Res, Mf, Lifeleech, big damage, chance for returned, and more. Possibility of 3 sockets too.

~Kbob

9. ReD VeNDeTTa

ReD VeNDeTTa IncGamers Member

yeh i wasnt sure, i just got a glipmse of it in my frends stash, i ment temporary tho, cuz it isnt better than botd by far...

10. Starcrunch

Starcrunch IncGamers Member

But +4 on Arioc's can help your entire army kill faster (but some runewords are better). Thats +40% ED to every skeleton...Maybe sometime I will calculate what is better (taking into account Might applied correctly to the Base skeleton damage, %chance to hit, attack rate (favors Merc). Thinking about it more I think more damage to the Merc is probably better...and don't forget Cresent Moon(damn I want one of these).

-Starcrunch

11. Hatebreed.

Hatebreed. IncGamers Member

good points, but he means +4 skills on merc, (dont tell me +all skills on merc count for u, if os im missin out hella)

but still +4 aura would help skellas too (omg im dumb, the 40% u talked about was from the aura wast it?? man im senseless)

12. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Just about any eth elite polarm would work when runeworded well or unique. I have an eth bonehew, very nice merc wep. I was thinking about making a crescent moon out of an eth elite polarm for the static, I think that'd be nice to try, it'd help my army out immensely.

Now if I could find a nice eth gface i'd be a happy camper :drool:

:thumbsup:

BoTD is very nice, but I wouldn't use it. That chance to cast pnova would be VERY BAD as it would override my nova with a shitty one!

13. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Think about what you said.

Ethereal Set Item?

~Kbob

14. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

STFU Kbob

lmao.

your right, i just woke up when I posted that.

:lol:

15. distancepieman

"BoTD is very nice, but I wouldn't use it. That chance to cast pnova would be VERY BAD as it would override my nova with a shitty one!"

I really don't have to worry about that, as I'm primarily summon.
    I have a bonehew, but wasn't very impressed with the dmg. I'm doing Baal runs alot, and found that my amn amn eth hone sundan takes him out pretty easy with a little support. I'm thinking that a BoTD would help up his damage and make him more effective in multiplayer runs.

~Bails