Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how many insights do you have?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Superhal, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

how many insights do you have?

i want to make an insight for my sorcs for self-levelling. i notice that the sol is the highest rune, with a lvl req of 27. that's pretty awesome. usually, i wait until 35-6 to grab an a2 merc so i can use my etheral yari and etheral stealskull. this is right in the middle between 27 and 45, where elite polearms start.

so i was wondering, should i make 2? one in an exceptional, one in an elite? also, which elite weapons do you guys use? any tricks on str reqs?

2. MagicMoron

MagicMoron IncGamers Member

I have many insights I don't want to start counting.
    For elites, 4os eth CVs are the easiest to come by. Downside is 200 str. Levi or Griz Armor or Andy's Visage etc helps. Remember you can bug it on as it comes with +5 attributes.
    I have used Eth Threshers, Cryptics, and GP Insights before, and they all worked fine. Although for cryptics I'd rather make Infinity in 'em.
    For exceptionals, many 4os eth partizans end up as insights for chargers, so there are quite a few around. High rolled ones I find are quite expensive though.

3. Superhal

i'm thinking 3+. one in a bare min etheral exceptional that a merc can use at lvl 27, another in a low damage etheral elite with low req's to use from 45-7x, and a "final" game one in a heavy elite.

right now i've got a pretty good system going with:
    eth 3 pskull yari=37
    -15% req bonehew=65ish
    2X pskull bonehew=probably never, reqs are too darn high.

4. MagicMoron

Well that will work, if you make 3 insights if you only play few characters. I have many characters outfitted hence why I have so many insights.

5. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

For a merc why pskull instead of AMN ?

6. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

you mean for use by one character?

i have two: an eth bec de corbin, and whatever my final weapon is going to be (elite). mercs can wear bec de corbin once they hit 27, and it still deals enough damage even in late nm, where the elite polearms become usable.

note: insight bec de corbin does approx 500 max damage for a lvl 27 merc, and goes to roughly 900 by the time your hireling needs to change it (lvl 60++)

if you mean on ALL my characters, too many >< at one point, before i started suiciding my characters (i needed space in my hc acct) i had thresher on sork and sin, gpa on sork and nec, and 1-2 more cv's on mules

7. Superhal

woot, i finally got one. funny story:

first, i grabbed any 4s 2h i could find. i finally got one and put in the runes and ....poof. it was a ghost spear. sigh.

then, i got a colossus voulge, non-eth. yes, the str req is high, but i don't care, i just want one! so i put in the runes and...poof. RAL tir TAL sol, not TAL tir RAL sol.

so, i keep going. i get a few nice etherals, but they don't get the right number of sockets in the cube. finallly, i get an etheral partizan and...sigh, i cubed up my last three tals into rals for the socket recipie, 2 spirit shields, and the 2 i wasted. :(

but finally, i got one! and it's....12 meditation! ARRGH! ARRGH! why me!!?

8. Superhal

i had the pskulls, not the amns at the time.

9. MagicMoron

Do some hell countess runs or norm/nm cows... or even some barb quests :)

10. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

I think the ed %AR and critical hit level are more important.
    If you really don't like it you can clear out the sockets with Hel + town portal and try again. 4 socket eth partizans are quite nice and IMO worth more than the cost of rerolling.

11. tallon

tallon IncGamers Member

I have atleast 3 insights. I had another (collosal voulge) but I gave it to a friend.

The primary one I use is a cryptic axe: because it has lower str req's, and thus can be used FAR sooner than the CV (note: armor i use for merc is eth fort, and his helm... well, it sucks).

And I've made more but gave to friends. I'd absolutely take any ol'peice of crap 4 soc polarm and make insight just so I can have unlimited mana while I level the merc (and myself). I"m also rerolling the primary one I have, hoping to get a perfect one :).

-tallon