Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How many immunities is possible?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Lyndis, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

How many immunities is possible?

I think I ran into a monster with thes mods (and some others I couldn't tell because I was dying too quickly from a mob of monsters)

Immune to Physical
    Resistant to Fire, Cold, Lightning
    Stone Skin
    Extra Fast

Now, in theory, it was still possible for me to kill that thing (albeit slowly) but I wondering if it were possible for a monster to have 3 or even 4 immunities so it can be immune to all 3 elements and physicals, making it (virutally) impossible for a sorc to kill? With stoneskin, even an amp damage won't remove the physical immunity. Bonehew on merc can bonespear...but that'll take forever.

2. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Try taking a sorc into choas. No matter your build, you'll be virtually worthless as almost everything is immune to almost everything.

Other than that though everything in the game is killable. I don't think anything ever spwans with immunities to all three sorc trees.

3. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

I guess you meant taking a sorc into uber trist right? The Pit Lord you can find in Furnace of Pain and summoned by uber diablo in uber tristram is immune to Magic, Fire, Lightning, Cold and Poison, only killable by physical damage.

4. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

I've done Chaos 3 times so far in Hell.

First time, I wa sin a party of 8. Everyone else died like 30 times. I died twice...and the killing was horrendouslyslow. you're right. Everything is immune to something (usually 2 things) and on pack of monsters can take up to 5, 7 minutes to kill.

The next two times, I wa shelping someone else do Diablo quest. Just me and another Meteorb sorc. Soooo many monsters that spawned with dual cold/fire immunities...I had to let my merc slowly chip away with his Bec-de-Corbin Insight weapon (Haven't found Elite ethereal 4 os polearm yet :(). To kill Lord de Seis I must've went back to town 5 times to refill health pots for my merc.

I'm guessing the only way a sorc an do well in Chaos is with an Infinity wielding merc right?

5. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

sorry, yes I meant uber TRIST, not chaos. Lack of sleep is getting to me again.

Chaos isn't that bad really. I can't remember too many with both fire and cold immunities. Lord de Seis and sometime some of the other uniques can spawn that way - but non of the regular monsters are. Just about everything is immune to one spell and resistant to your other though - that's just life in hell.

My meteorb does choas ok. No where near as fast as my hammerdin, but she can solo it fine and has no problem rushing others through it. It does get to be slow going in 8 player games though. Yes a good merc will help - but they die pretty quick in chaos.

6. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Yeah but my Sorc is poor, so she can barely kill with her 5k meteor.

7. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Your talking in Hell ?

The following are possiblities:

1) A dual tree sorc.

2) You could make a melee sorc. Grief for physicial damage. 2 Dreams and light mastery for huge lighting damage added on to hits. On switch, use lawbringer with sanctuary aura, cresent moon for increased light damage, LR wand for bosses. Also, add one of the area spells such as thunderstorm or blizzard.

8. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Blizzball is probably the best dual build to do Chaos. Only Oks are Cold immune and Cold Mastery nulifies cold res. Orb/TS is another option as Classic players know well.