Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How many cows it took to collect the whole set?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Apr 30, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

How many cows it took to collect the whole set?

So how many cow runs it took you to get the whole set? I'm seriousely wanting that set for 1.10 grail, and so far I only have the armor. I did some runs (normal/NM) with my newly pally (beat NM), and the result was very dispointing. Plus the othe cow level cleaning with my other pat/mat, I just couldn't get the damn set dropping.

I'm pretty annoyed by the set right now.

Forgot: all cow runs were done @P8.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Exactly 42. no more, no less. Anyway, its hard to get, i think i only have 2 items from the set, and i always enjoy a bit of farming.

3. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

If you kill normal cows only, a long long time. However if you do the cowking trick, a lot faster. (normal for boots/armor, nm for hat)

4. Slothman

Slothman IncGamers Member

What is the cowking trick?
    I never really venture into the moo moo farm much (keeps the secret level mystery thing alive :))

5. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

I have a complete set of cow coffee creamers. that only took one run to the store

6. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I don´t do any runs, so each character will make a maximum of 3 clearances (the third is only if they made Guardian!).

Some day I hope to find a piece of this set...

7. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

on bnet i was lucky enough to get the cow helm on my first run, i never got any other pieces though.

8. Chiastic

Chiastic IncGamers Member

Basically, if you start a multiplayer game, let someone else join, then have that person make the portal to the cow level and quit the game afterwards, you can kill the Cow King without anyone losing the ability to go to the cow level on that difficulty (the game only registers King kills for the person who opened the portal... just make sure that the character who created the portal isn't in the game when the King dies and everyone'll be golden).

I used to do this all the time when I ran cows with my fishymancer (no control over minions + huge hordes of cows + CE induced mass bovine simultaneous death = really easy to accidently kill King).

*crawls out from under his rock*

Ok, I confused myself there (I hate cows after a billion runs back in my bnet days so I never go there now and it's been a long time). What I said before is *mostly* right, except for the part about not having the game register the King kill for anyone except the char that made the portal. I'm pretty sure that's wrong and that the way it actually works is that anybody who touches/gets touched by the King and his minions will get "credit" for the King kill if the King happens to die in that game. The reason the "trick" works is that even if you have gotten credit for the kill, it doesn't stop you from entering a portal created by another player (your cow-level mule, if you will). Just make sure your mule never gets credit, preferably by having him/her leave the game (just to make totally sure).

And if I was right the first time and THIS is wrong, someone should just put me out of my misery.

*crawls back under his rock*

9. DontFret

DontFret IncGamers Member

I found it easiest to run cows for the CowKingSet by using the all to easy method of Cow-King-Parking. Basically w/o a lightning char, you need to 'lure' him out of the pen or from any large groups and get him to a previously cleared corner. When he gets there TP to town, and use the 'red' portal. Clear all the other bovines easily, start new and do same. If you have a CL sorc or LF zon, then just kill all but the king, as he is LI. Using the parking technique, I found the set in about 150-200 cow runs using 3 different Pats/Mats. Hope this helps.