Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How long will battlenet exist???

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by jim_harold10, Mar 14, 2004.

1. jim_harold10

jim_harold10 IncGamers Member

How long will battlenet exist???

I know this has nothing to do with the amazon forum really but I'm not sure where it belongs so....

I was just wondering, how long do you think people will be playing Diablo 2 on battlenet?

Do u think people will still be playing 5, 10 even 20 years from now?

Personally I have no idea which is why I am asking, I'd like to think that Blizzard will keep supporting the realms but every good thing comes to an end...

I'm interested in hearing your opinions on this matter as I don't think it has been discussed before.

I look forward to any responses.

thanks

Jimbo

2. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

I would think that blizzard would continue to support the realms as long as D2 continue to have reasonably large sales. One way to get some sense of its popularity would be to keep track of the average number of people on battlenet over the years and track its decline. Anybody notice how the numbers have changed over the years?

3. jim_harold10

jim_harold10 IncGamers Member

Hmmm you could be right, however I have'nt noticed a decline which makes it even harder to work out how long it will stay running...

any 1 know if there has been a noticeable decline on bnet over the years???

4. Anidem

Anidem Banned

I know it's not as "busy" as it was 2 summers ago when all games made had a 30+ game wait. But that could be server upgrades.

People will play Diablo2 untill Diablo3. And Battle net will exist forever due to me and blizzards agreement relating to some "Embarrasing" pictures involving a goat, a bottle of Stoli, and a crock of duck butter.

5. AuraAllan

AuraAllan IncGamers Member

Now THATS funny :thumbsup:

~AuraAllan~

6. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

Haha I remember sometimes the server could lag up to 2,500 game lines and then just lock up... :thumbsup:

And the goat incident was a mistake! Dont talk about it here :scared:

7. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

even if D2 eventually stops being played, battle.net will still go on. Just look at WC3 and how many ppl are playing that over battle.net now.

The only reason bnet will shut down is if and when the company does. And that's most likely not going to be for quite a long time.

--fatty

8. Anidem

Anidem Banned

I'd like to thank all the little people who made my post a success. That dwarf from Me, Myself and Irene for showing me how to aim higher than myself for my goals. For the Pitt basketball team for showing me that no matter how tallented I am that people will snicker at me, an last but not least for wrestlemania for being on tonight so the regular sunday night show was just a preview show so lame that I decided to post replies to fill my tiny lonely life.

You like me, you really really like me! Ist'd Babas all around! On me!