Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How long should ladder seasons be?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Merick, Oct 19, 2006.

?

Rate Diablo 3

1. 5 - Great

35 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. 4 - Good

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. 3 - Pretty Good

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. 2 - Bad

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. 1 - Crap

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

How long should ladder seasons be?

This ladder season has been pretty long. Too long if you ask me. I think ladder seasons should be much shorter. A year or more is way too long for someone who wants to play ladder to make their non-ladder characters sprits and such. It also completely ruins the economy to the point it's almost as bad as non-ladder. I'm also of the opinion that that first day of the reset where everyone is playing together through the quests, and everyone is only wearing what they've found is the greatest fun that can be had with D2.

2. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

I think 6months is the longest it should be.

3. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

It should be long enough for somebody on classic to reach 99. Feel free to calc how long that takes. :)

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

I vote 9 months, like a preignant woman :grin: !

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

since it only takes a couple monts to lvl a char to 80+ id say 6mo, long enough to get a couple chars to a good lvl and make some nice ladder runewords

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I think a year is a good amount of time. That gives time for someone who only plays a couple hours over the weekend enough time to get themselves going, make a couple of the easy ladder runewords, and get a couple decently effective characters built before they get shunted to NL.

7. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

The real question is : how much time do the dupers need to flood the economy with HRs :grin: !?

8. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Until the first player reaches 99 would be fun. Or wait, that would be a little too fast. Say... 10 of them 99'ers then.

And ladder reset on hardcore should not depend on softcore. top10!

9. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

probably as soon as they get their hands on one ;)

2 guls from hell forge is all it needs :shocked:

10. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

I voted for 9-12 months.After 6 months blizzard should collect gamers opinions about suggestions like:new quests,removing of bugs,reducing 3rd party prog madness...(which they did in july 2006).Each new ladder Season should provide new runewords,new quests,new uniques and more anti-hack measures.

11. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

I voted 9-12 months, because someone (Like me at first) only had the time to play during the weekends.

Maybe OT: I read in another D2 forum that the first ladder start was, 08/08, second 09/09, and third was 10/10, so maybe this will reset 11/11:rolleyes: This is only something I read, not something that I claim to be true, since I have only played this ladder season, and a few months of last one.

12. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

I actually ran into a guy last night who was using MH. I called him a liar thinking that the MH users had been banned. He then proceeded to list off the exact stats of my equipment, including the name of the crafted ammy I wear, and laughed because my hammerdin has 122 FCR (I wear a Nature's Peace when Dkey running, an FCR ring all other times). I told him that I did hit the BP for FCR and he laughed again and said that he couldn't see any FCR ring, so I swapped it from my stash and he told me the stats on it too.

The point of this ramble is that MH is back already, and 35000 banned accounts were not a big enough deterrent.

13. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

One year tops.

Not only have I lost all interest in this ladder, I'm losing interest in D2 as a result of this inexplicably long delay.

I don't expect to see a reset before the holiday, and maybe not after.

I begin to wonder if they are no longer seeing the return on investment from new purchases of the game to validate their continual ladder resets, patches, etc..

I was really looking forward to a new season. Now, I'm just sort of meh.

14. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Spot on man :thumbsup:

EDIT: I voted for 9-12 months as I can only play weekends or late at night :sad2:

15. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

6-8 months.
    Or maybe 9-12.

16. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Hmm, is this meant as a hint of any kind ? :scratch: For the others, Frosty has just come back from his honeymoon...

Regarding the issue, I voted for 9-12 months. Even though I just equipped another character with rather expensive runewords (eDeath+eBotD for my frenzy barb), I already have enough wealth for the next one again and it starts to become boring. I'm not doing trades for a profit, but only sell my finds for reasonable amounts of currency. Damn, I just found an eth 5 socket BA, that will give me at least 3 Ist runes again :laugh:

17. kberger

kberger IncGamers Member

It took me forever to get some viable chars up and running. I like this long ladder season. I also like the insanity of the USEast ladder economy. I think it's cool that a schmo like myself can make a couple of trades and be able to make a last wish.
    Let season 3 run for a couple more months yet.

18. ael

ael IncGamers Member

That was awsome. z0mG no h4ckz!!1 no ban plx plx

19. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

This is a fancinating thread idea. I myself voted for 9-12. One whole year sounds like a pretty big commitment. 6 months sounds too short to me. A year interval max sounds like a sturdy idea to keep interest in the game.

I like being able to find and trade for things with ease, but after awhile it just gets a little boring. We need change. If we have to wait a few more months and by some miracle a new patch comes out, then I'll be glad for the long wait.

But the thought of a non-ending ladder is kind of saddening.

20. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

It should last until I am ready for it to end. Blizzard folks need to E-mail me every month and get my opinion.

I think 12-13 months is a good balance. I feel they should make high runes rather easier to find and then they could shorten the season to about 6-8 months.