How long should I upgrade runes?

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member
How long should I upgrade runes?

Until which level should I upgrade runes? I know for example that a ral is easily worth a few tirs and nefs, but I doubt that a zod is worth 2 chams. So where is the limit that I should stop upgrading runes?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: How long should I upgrade runes?

Upgrading is waste of time imho. Unless you don't need higher rune for something or the prize isnt much better, it's not worth it imho. The only upgrading I do is Tals->Ral, because Rals are needed for FCR amulet craft. I don't even bother to pick up lower runes.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

I also upgrade Dols to Hels and Fals to Lems. Occational ort to thul if I have a great excess of orts.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Apart from Dol and Io, I occasionally upgrade Fal and Lum runes. Other runes aren't upgraded, except I need the new rune urgently and I cannot or don't want to get it otherwise. Otherwise I prefer to upgrade them to Um-Ist by trading.

I don't pick up runes below Tal.

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

same goes here, except I pick up every rune I find from Countess (Keeping a record of my drops). Also other exception, Nef's. I gather those also, because they're used for blood gloves.

Jaquiezz

Diabloii.Net Member

It depends what runes you're looking for. As said above, many people cube tals->rals dols->hels, lum's->ko's, fals->lems. Those are the most common, but many people cube for other runes. For instance, I'm keeping all eths and iths because some one is paying pretty well for ith runes ATM.