Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how long does it take?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CoopMoe, Jun 10, 2005.

1. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

how long does it take?

how long before my characters WONT expire after ten days? i don't want to lose my mules if i go on a vacation.

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

2 hours *playtime* (i.e. being in a game, not just in a chat channel).

After the mule is permed, just logging in and out will reset the 90 day timer.

3. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

alright, followup, i can't seem to just "idle" in a game. i get booted eventually, is there a legal way around that? i.e. not getting a bot that runs the char in circles.

4. Lensor

Lensor Banned

There are a few places you can "idle" your character legitly. Depends on where you are though.

1) Try to run out the first door from outer cloister towards the pit, if you run at an angle you will get "stuck" behind the door, perpetually running. As this is not in town, you have to make sure the surroundings are clear of any mosters.

2) In Harrogath you can get this "running effect either by:
    a) Stand on the little platform up the stairs from your stash. Click on the stash. If you stand at the right spot (near one of the torches) you will not actually go to the stash but stay where you are.
    b) Go out of town and make a tp. go into Malah's house and click on the tp. same effect.

3) There is apparently some similar trick in the rouge encampment, but i never used it, so i dont know how it works.

Of course you can still get connection interrupted and get kicked out of the game, but at least you wont time out.

5. Poke

Poke IncGamers Member

I could be wrong, but if you play your char for at least 2 hours within the first 48 hours of creating him, then he will be "permed". I am pretty sure thats how it works.

6. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

I always enter a game called "Act1" or "act 1" before sleep, next moring the char permed.

7. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

How about actually playing the character for 2 hours?

I know, a radical idea, but that's what I do. I've actually found some decent LLD jewels that way!:thumbsup:

8. CoopMoe

CoopMoe IncGamers Member

it's just a mule though. playing it would mean NOT playing the characters i WANT to play, and would have FUN playing. i'll try the running tricks. those sound good.

9. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

the one trick whit mala and the tp is the only one i ever had the patience to use, since it works on first try, the others are more complicated

also, there s always a game called "mule park" "mule parking" or some such. in there i usualy dont get booted either