Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How long does it take you to get from Level 1-70??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diablonoobbowbarian, Jun 7, 2008.

1. diablonoobbowbarian

diablonoobbowbarian IncGamers Member

How long does it take you to get from Level 1-70??

what is the fastest you can get from level 1-70? What is your basic strategy? I am a complete noob and my only chars are a Jump attack barb level 23 and a flash dancer level 45. I want to try out that town dump wear bear druid, but I'm wondering if im leveling too slow. How many total hours do you think it takes to get from 1 to 70 and what do you do to level and get the best items at the same time?

2. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

Re: How long does it take you to get from Level 1-70??

Well, if you have help leveling you can get to 70 pretty quick. Couple hours maybe. If not, maybe 5 or 6 depending on how it goes. Getting yourself rushed and getting up to level 25 will be the most time consuming. Then it's either norm baal runs to 40 and nightmare baal runs to 70 or hell chaos to 60 and baal to 70. Public chaos games can sometimes be more of a pain to find than baal games so without someone you know to chaos you I would just go with the baal runs.
    If you want the best items, you will have to magic find and trade. I'm not going to go too far into that area because there is already a of threads about it.
    I will say this. Oddball builds like the ones you mentioned may be fun and score style points, but they aren't incredibly efficient at magic finding. If you really want to make magic finding as short and sweet as possible (which still isn't that short and sweet) then you'll end up making one of the more common builds for it. Otherwise, be prepared to invest 5, 10, even 20 times the amount of time accomplishing comparable wealth.

3. diablonoobbowbarian

diablonoobbowbarian IncGamers Member

So what if I equip my Leap Attack Barb with all items socketed with Topaz? Will that help MF? Am I not able to find good magic items or set items without MF?

4. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

As long the topaz's give the MF bonus in the socketed item*aka topaz in weps wont help* then you will give you more MF and chance to find better items. You can find good items with little to no MF but its the areas that are usually cleared with little to no mf are for white/socketed items to trade.

5. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

Actually, you can find any item in the game with NO mf on. MF only increases odds, it doesn't create them.
    Sure you could find stuff with your barb. My point is, finding things mfing is about mass killing and speed. Neither of which you will achieve with that build. If it takes 10000 kills for an item to drop, a dedicated mfing character will get it weeks before you do. Ofcourse, the drops are random and don't really work like that but the point remains. More kills, faster=better drop odds. it also matters a great deal WHERE you mf. Look to the guides for that.