How long does it take you to get from level 1-70???

diablonoobbowbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
How long does it take you to get from level 1-70???

Hi, I am a complete nub, right now I have a level 24 Leap attack barbarian and a level 44 flashdancer sin. What I am wondering is, for you pros,, when you decide to make a completely new character build, how long does it take you from level 1 to level 70? I'm wondering if anyone could write their strategy for getting from 1-70 really quickly? And how many hours of total game time does it take you?

trashX

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: How long does it take you to get from level 1-70???

Hi, I am a complete nub, right now I have a level 24 Leap attack barbarian and a level 44 flashdancer sin. What I am wondering is, for you pros,, when you decide to make a completely new character build, how long does it take you from level 1 to level 70? I'm wondering if anyone could write their strategy for getting from 1-70 really quickly? And how many hours of total game time does it take you?
well, im not a pro, but if you have some higher level friends(assuming this is b.net) get them to glitch rush you(baal bug) and then do diablo runs
with this tactic i can get to around lvl 80 in a day:thumbup:

wrong forum btw

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

If you get a grush and uber levelling on bnet 3 hours.

In SP, longer.

carnivore

Diabloii.Net Member

if you just get a normal rush through norm and nightmare and join the usual runs (tristram, tomb, baal) on the way, its still easily doable in a few hours.
hardest thing would be to find good leveling runs, that last long enough.

standard rush and run:

you will need someone who gets you through the game. easiest would be, to get a rush to act 5 first, then do the runs.

norm:
1. do trist runs until level 14 or 15
2. do tomb runs to get you to level 24 / you could do cow-runs from lvl 20 on
3. get to act 5/ancients quest
4. do baalruns until lvl 40

nightmare:
1. get to act 5 as quickly as possible and do the ancients quest (have it done for you)
2. baalruns until level 60 and join hell or you could level into the late seventies here

mince pies

Diabloii.Net Member

Wooaah, I haven't played D2 in a while, wth is a flashdancer assa?

In answer to your question, if done properly, about 2 - 4 hours

Palurien

Diabloii.Net Member

All these times listed seem very fast.

I play SP, so for me its quite slow, mind you I am just starting out. Just hit 70 on my hammerdin after a couple weeks (not been intense leveling tho ofc, and played another character too).

yamfun

Diabloii.Net Member

I too, want to know the time of fast leveling , unaided by other characters...

carnivore

Diabloii.Net Member

I too, want to know the time of fast leveling , unaided by other characters...
if you play single player and not alone on b-net, you should take a look at a program called atma, which allows you to mule items between characters. the point of mentioning this is, that you will level fastest, if you pass down some low level equipment to your new chars.

civerbs cudgel, partial or complete sigons and maybe a couple of low level damage and strength charms will get any character through at least normal with relatively ease.

use the "/player x" command to adjust difficulty (and drops/experience). if you finish normal at players 8, you will probably be around level 40 (with more or less complete clears).

in single player there is also the runeword mod, which allows you to make ladder-runewords. some of then will make playing alone a lot easier (spirit and insight for example).

okiimatsu

Diabloii.Net Member

from a realistic timeline speaking by my own example, i made lvl 90 in
about 3.5 months, playing solo, averaging about an hour a day.
a fair chunk of this time was engaged into magic finding as well which slowed me down, as opposed to rushing for pure experience.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

Example: level 65 in less than a week (closed bnet, almost all solo). No rushes/runs(except for 2 baal runs since I was eager to use the Witchwild String), all legit leveling (highly twinked), I just ran through the quests and leveled very quickly. I did play a lot during that time though. Probably about 30 hours.

stillman

Diabloii.Net Member

If you build a caster sort of character, where you get a chunk of damage added with each skill point every time you level, then you can solo your way through normal mode in one day. However, it really does take up most of my day when I do it. I don't like relying on others to bottle feed my character.
To save time, you should research your desired character on the Arreat Summit website and know how you will spend every point beforehand--that is, before you even name the character. That way, you wont waste time decideing after every level, and you wont mess up your build by wasting points.

acebpg

Diabloii.Net Member

this is what people do in hardcore.....u get a high level chant, get some wps clear tower do catacombs then u do tomb runs and as soon as possible use that bow that fires explosive arrows i think its ravenclaw?lvl req 14 and then when u get 20 u do cows still with chant by the way. then 25 u get baaled/rush. to get to level 70 probaly 2-3 hours easy if u do it right. hard part is finding chant/rusher

inatey

Diabloii.Net Member

what is the Grush or Glitch rush? i have never heard of it.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

Glitch Rush means that you (at a level insufficient to advance on a quest) pass the Ancients Quest or Baal Quest by partying with someone who needs it and waiting in town while they get the quest. As long as you are partied and waiting in town (maybe you can be somewhere else in the act, idk), you will get the quest so long as someone in your party gets it normally.

I grushed a mule into Hell act 4 to get the forge quests.