Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How long does it take for you to run Pit?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Grobyc, May 10, 2005.

1. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

How long does it take for you to run Pit?

I takes me about 6-7 minutes to kill everything in the Pit and opening all the chests. How long does it take you guys?

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

All on players 8:

lvl 90 hammerdin: ~5 minutes, not opening chests
    lvl 93 poison/skele necro: ~6 minutes, opening chests
    lvl 85 IK WW barb: ~10 minutes, more if he runs into trouble
    lvl 89 pure summoner: ~10 minutes, more if he has trouble getting corpses

I also have a pure orb/ES tal rasha sorc for tunnels, takes ~7 minutes if no immunes. This excludes _finding_ the places, as in SP the map is the same every run.

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

That's all in 8 player games? :cheesy:

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The chests in the pits aren't better than e.g. those in the Tamoe Highlands. They are not L85. It won't hurt to open them, but if speed is an issue, skip them.

5. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

10 minutes in 8-players game with my meteorb (infinity and nature's peace for these pesky resurrecting demons).

Why so long ? Because I pick up anything that I can sell for 30k+ gold. Takes a lot of time to go to town and sell them :lol: !

For pure speed, to clear the place from bosses only... 3-5 minutes is enough :lol: !

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

My two best runners by far, are the poison/summoner and the hammerdin. Hammerdin deals ~11k magic damage, and blessed hammer ingores resists of all monsters down there.

No monsters down there are poison immune, thus my poisonmancer (full TO with facets, death's web, 6 skillers and 2x bul kathos rings) rules the place. Poison takes a little while to take effect, but 1 nova is usually enough. Skeletons provide safety, and there is plenty of time to open chests while the monsters suffer....

Edit: BTW, natures peace only casts "RIP" on enemies that you kill with melee attacks, AFAIK

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The mod "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace" works with all attacks/spells. Minions such as traps don't get the benefit.

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Oh... my bad, someone told me different.. But I guess summoners are OK wearing it, at least :D

9. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

i run it with my light sorcy, takes 5-10 minutes on players 8. 5 minutes if there are no lightning immunes or not a lot, and 10 if there are special lightning groups :) with unique monsters

10. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

Well it has been a little while since I played my light sorc on bnet, but I think I have done the pit in under 4 min before. I use to do it to see how fast I could do it. I dont think I opened the chest though. But the light immunes were never a problem with the infinity rune word on the merc. One cast of CL per group and they were toast. But she was doing like 17K or something close to that in CL dmg. That was with lvl 41 CL and all synergies maxed except nova. She also had 3 facets, not all were 5/5 but at least 1 of them was.

Now in single player I am lucky enough to get to pick the map I want to run and I can run it in around 6-7 min with a lvl 83 hammerdin. Probably could go faster when he gets fully decked out. HoTo, HOZ, and Skillers are the only things missing I think.

Peace.

11. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

My Chain Light sorc takes about 8 min - seems to be average. But that's if there aren't hordes of them durned Lightning-Immune-Kill-Me-In-One-Shot Archers... ooooooh how I hates 'em with their fanat auras... :mad: :mad: :mad:

And I'm using:
    Griffon's
    Estchuas
    Chain Light Ormus
    10% FCR rings with mana
    +3 Lightning Ammy
    Arachnids
    Frosties
    Spirit Monarch
    With a couple Light Skillers and a 38 Gheeds...
    Think my chain light is about 36 - with no light immune she tears through.

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

About 4 to 5 minutes with my hammerdin, in an 8 player game.

13. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Forgot to ask how much MF you have too.

14. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I make my runs with as little MF as possible. Think I have about 100. Reason being - I use this sorc to find white +skills items (Like the +3 Volcano, +3 Hurricane +something Druid Helm that was up to a 4 ist bid becore I lost in while xferring) and socketed items.

I sometimes run with my 914% MF sorc, but that takes a lot longer, and I haven't been all that successful...best she got was an Ist - which MF has no effect on - go figure!