Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How long can Charge_Boltress last?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Lyndis, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

How long can Charge_Boltress last?

Alright...so, like amonth ago or something I the idea into my head to build a sorc that relies on ES (I think people refer to them as "gosu" sorcs for some odd reason), but I'm not just building any ES sorc...I'm taking my ES sorc into Hell with base vitalty! She also has maxed Chagred Bolt, Ligthing, and is currently working on Lightning Mastery.

So, the question is: How long do you think Charge_Boltress can survive in Hell without dying? This isn't hardcore, because no sane person goes base vitality in HC, but still a challenge. Will she die as soon as she steps out onto the Blood Moor? Against a conviction-aura Multiple shot Lightning-enchanted Bishibob? Maybe she will fall against Andariel when the poison becomes too much (poison ignores ES)? Perhaps she will be lucky enough to make it all the way into Diablo's inner sanctum only to fall to various mana burn monsters?

Note that I will be doing full clears on my own. Those monsters that I can't kill I will teleport past, but if I can possibly kill it I will. Note I will be playing with others sometimes, but even if I do I will go back and do full clears on my own later. I will reroll ancients if they are unkillable.

Progress update on what has happened in Normal and Nightmare: Normal was easy as always. Suited up in Sigon's set and Angelic ammy/rings, she could whack things with the best of 'em, and had no trouble. Nightmare brought a bit more trouble, as her ES was still weak at the time, and she carried a ridiculous amount of mana potions. However, once her merc was able to wear the Insight weapon, things became smoother. Also, she laughed at most physical attacks thanks to her Damage reduced by 24 amulet. Magic damage was still scary given her low life, and Chaos Sanctuary gave her a few close calls.

Now, at level 75, she stands poised to conquer (get conquered?) Hell with her frail little body and bulging mind! With close to 350 Energy before items, and about 1337 natural mana, she is confident she will make her mark on the world (even if it's the last thing she does!)

2. SneekySneeky

SneekySneeky IncGamers Member

lol sorry couldn't resist pointing it out

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Sounds like fun. Have you considered carrying some Antidotes with you, for the occasionall poison boss?

4. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

I have nothing but full respect for antidotes. I think they are vastly under-appreciated, even though I /do/ have 75 poison resist in Hell. Sandstorm Treks rock.

Has anyone else tried a base vit gosu sorc yet?

EDIT: Progress update: Have just rescued Cain. Doing full clears in the Crypt and Mausoleum was...slow and annoying. Every monster in there were lightning immune, and some of them were physical and lightning immune. A few times I lost my E shield due to mana burn, but I managed to teleport away to save myself. Overall, progress is fast if the enemy isn't Lightning immune, and outside of poison and manabarn, nothing is touching my lifebulb. My health pots are basically for bnefit of my merc :D