Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How Kind Are You?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by raffster, Mar 9, 2004.

1. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

How Kind Are You?

Last night one of the cool dudes in my f list asked me if I could trade him one of my 7 Enigmas for cheap. (He knows I have one sitting in one of my mules). I admire this guy. He's 19 and the only thing missing in his already uber hammerdin (acquired everything strictly by trading patiently) is the Enigma armor. But it's been nearly a month and no amount of encouragement to make him continue his path of patience and persistence to try to trade for either Jah or Ber. He never asked me for anything for free and he was offering me everything he's not using for an Enigma Armor. I browsed through his mules and saw nothing that will make it worth trading my Enigma armor for but...

I'll probably just give it to him. HMMMMMMMMMMM.......this is tough........ will you do it if you were in my situation? Or have you done something similar. If somebody here can get me to feel conscientious enough then I might just give my buddy a free Enigma.

2. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

i doubt you'll miss it, just give it to him

i think the nicest thing i've given someone i know is a windforce, and i don't remember missing it at all

3. toader

toader Banned

If you trust him enough...just loan it to him while its sitting gathering dust. If you ever need it, just explain it to him and ask for it back. Hopefully in the meatime he can find something worthy enough to pay you back with it.

edit: I didnt even GIVE my Tals Armor to my own mother...its only a loan :lol:

4. raffster

Good idea, Toader. But it has always been my policy never to lend the highest rune word items to anyone. It's either I trade or give away. (Sigh) But your advice will be considered because you are wise. :worship:

5. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

yah i think loaning it to him is great, but just account for it to be gone. Maybe tell him that X is what you want for it and please to try and get it, in the meantime, "here you go"

Wow, nice buddy though, I still need to get an enigma, im hoping by next month :)

keep hoping, lol!

6. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Well, I gave away some stuff that was less expensive than Enigma.. just dropped a silks for a friend and gave some random sorc I'd just met vipermagi, snowclash, a few rare orbs, rhyme sheld, yada yada..

I'm pretty much indifferent about the value of anything on the game and could care less about what I give to people; granted there are certain things I retain in case someone comes along looking for it in exchange for something I'd like, but from my point-of-view it's just code.. if I drop it and leave a game without anyone picking it up.. not gonna really make much of a difference..

So I guess my vote is to give it to him. :)

Karma isn't always as bad as most people make it out to be. ;)

7. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

I salute your suggested generosity but I am disheartend by your selfish realm diminishing ebay wares.

Anyways, I have handed away many,many godlys such as wf,shako,skuldies etc. but never to anyone I did not know IRL.

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Toader gives sound advise. I am in a simillar loan agreement with Voldemort. He loaned me a Tombreaver, which He said I could re-resocket, Skullders, Stormspire(returned that), Doombringer(returned as well), Skullders Ire, And a Wolfhowl(he said I could keep it & I have since found another.)

But 7 Enigmas sounds fishy.

9. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

7 enigmas is nothing, in my prime i had 200 RUNES. That was in my prime when i was a very good trader. Now no runes and poor like a mofo. 1.09 it was easy to get rich because methods can be developed to profit. After 2-3 yeras of playing in 1.09 most people get to know how to make profit and i hit on a lucky profit way and it worked 100% of the time. But its possible legitly. Getting rich wihtout ebaying is very easy. Its all about how hard you try and how you play the game ;)

nice i salute ur 7 enigmas. I only have 1 goo done and one Very crappy one haha ^_^

10. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

I think I'm pretty kind..I was playing with a friend last night when the First Occulus I've ever seen actually drop fell and he didn't see it. My Blizzard sorceress is using a wizard Spike and Mosers blessed circle to keep maxed resistances and he was still using a Leaf staff in the Frozen river in Hell... So I called his attention to it..and let him take it even though obviously that would be the best thing that has dropped for me in a LONG while. Not anywhere in league with one of 7 Enigmas *sheesh* but then again being kind from surplus is different than being kind when you have nothing.

11. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

A few thoughts:

1 in 7 Enigma? Do you need your seventh Enigma for trade or for your chars? If the answer is not really, what good is it to you to keep it on a mule?

This is a game. The goal of this whole thing is to have fun.

If you loan a thing to a friend, you have a good chance to never recover it. Friends are more important than material (or immaterial) goods. Don't loan the thing, just give it.

I gave a lot of expensive (for my standards) things to a friend. But I was his best man and he was mine. I don't think it is the kind of friends you're talking about... Honestly, I never gave expensive things for free to Bnet buddies. But I am not as rich as you seem to be, and I am still trying hard to get the most godly items in the game.

12. wind

wind IncGamers Member

When I had many good items in 1.09, I did ... BUT! ... and it's something you "may" have to deal with as well, if you do give it to him. The chance he loses or gets scammed out of it somehow. It can happen, I did happen in my instance and I was surprised how it affected me as well.

It wouldn't stop me from doing something like that again, actually have now that I think about it.

Just something to think about.

13. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

I'm kind of in the same boat.

Back in .09 when chips were all the rage, I was pretty much in a position (devoting entire days to gem hunting) to basically tell someone to take my offer or get out of my game so I can find someone more willing heh..

Now.. now I'm almost afraid to ask what anything is worth, heh..

No Enigmas, though. :p

14. raffster

Oh come on you guys, you all know that only one of those Enigma I traded for legitimately (freagin days) the rest I got from Ebay. Please let's not start with that Ebay thing again. I already rested my case in that thread I started. If any poster here wants to comment, it's a thread called "IMO Why I think buying from Ebay isn't bad if done in the right context" It's a few days old but it will be your credibility at stake if you choose to revive it.

15. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

I think that I am kind. Last night, I was playing with a few people. The group split up and a sorc was trailing me. I could tell it was a MF sorc, the way she was playing. Anyway, she was getting severe poison damage so she fell back, trying to potion her way back, while I had my WF working. An Aracnid mesh dropped, and I didnt rush to pick it up. The sorc didn't either though. She typed "aren't you going to get that sash? You did most of the work."

First, that blew me away, I generally don't see many people like that. Second, I already have one, so getting another didn't seem like a big deal to me. I just typed, "no, go ahead, I have one"

The rest of the while we played, she kept on typing thx and such, and was real appriciative.

So ther ya go, two kind people in the game at the same time, heh. They do exsist on BNet!

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

You have 7 enigma.s THerefore you are rich enough to get another one without any task. He had some problems trying to get one so you should just give it to him.

17. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I would just either give it to him, or loan it out and see how it goes.

18. AceToo

AceToo IncGamers Member

I think it is different in your case. You paid cash out of your own pocket for those Enigmas. I give away stuff all the time. I hate trading. In the past I have given away numerous gheeds charms, a couple of annis and alot of high end item. I would rather find it myself than trade for it. My only exception is Enigma. I have traded for the runes and now I must find my 3 socket elite armor. In the end, its all about how you have fun with this game. I have fun MFin. If your friend increases your overall fun with this game then I suggest you give it to him. The armor will increase his fun exponentially. :yep:

19. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Good lord stop being so melodramatic 7 Enigmas !? 7 ENIGMAS!? My god most people do not even have one. If this person is your buddy just let the armor go, big deal.

20. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

A couple of weeks ago, I gave a whole account with top end 1.09 Magical, Rares, Sets, Uniques etc away.