Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How is my sorc doing

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ironcarrotfounderson, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Ironcarrotfounderson

Ironcarrotfounderson IncGamers Member

How is my sorc doing

I followed the meteorb closely but found the damage was poor without many skill plus items, I stopped playing and turned to necromancer, not sure how thingswill go but i have 20+ minions but thtas another story.

My sorc is lev 80
    Def merc lev 80 with some low level magic gear, medium defense, just waiting for finds really.

Str 131
    Dex 170, been pumping for block, to much?
    110 vita
    Base energy

Meteor 6100
    fireball 2200

Equip is basic hexfire blade (3plus to fire skills), 1 plus amulet and 1 plus coronet. I have tal rashas mask. I ask should I perservere and continue to possible gaining some good gear and thrashing baals bottom or continue with the dark side?

2. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

well if you dont have the gear or funds to buy the gear that is needed i would suggest a necro due to you can run him with almost all mf gear.

Now as far as your sorc you should read the gear page from the guide. just even the basic stuff will help until you find items to trade or to keep.

for example: tarnhelm ptopaz
    Wizzy
    Rhyme Shield/Lidless
    Bad Vipermagi/Stealth armor TAL+ETH
    Gloomstrap
    MF rings/amu (gamble a bit)
    rare boots or cheap setboots with frw/+stamina
    gloves bloodfist/magefist/frostburns or lowmf chancies (are all cheap!)

Switch
    Ali Baba (really cheap almost a present from some)
    Gull (100%mf from lvl4 upwards ) not too cheap but affordable
    Rhyme
    as far as running hell baal for items that going to be kind of hard your best bet would be meph / pindle / shenk / eldritch / andy / pits for items.

I say str is to high unless you are going to use a storm shield.... as far as dex depends on what shield you are going to use. i would check the meteorb guide and figure out what shield you are going to use then what lvl you are going to stop at and you'll know how much dex you will need.

3. AgentPongo

AgentPongo IncGamers Member

from my experience, this is very false. I've made a skellemancer and a spirit/spear necro and neither of them can handle hell even when not MFing. Both have better surviving power than any other char (skelle's and bone wall/prison) but they can't efectively kill without like +10 skills.

4. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

ur meteorb sorc looks pretty fine imho just needs some medium-high level equip to help u through..with that setup, i would suggest running nm andy till u get more equip. she can drop pretty nice jewellery like rings and ammys, get her to drop u a shaftstop and stealskull for ur merc after which he can tank v effectively for u.que-hagan's and tal's belt will drop from andy at quite a high rate too..so does magefists and frostburns.the idea is to slowly increase ur MF% abit by a time, after that slightly better equipment will follow and will lead to even better MF. progressive is the word, just dun expect harly's ravenfrosts and occys to drop all in one night :innocent:

be patient. and everything u need will be yours. :buddies:

p.s. i agree with SgtPPs though..str is way too high.personally i wouldn't suggest SS for a sorc as 1. str requirement is a pain. 2. u can achieve max blocking with lower str req shield's like whistan's guard. 3. a lidless would be more effective for the +1 skill and IMHO sorcs shd not get hit in the first place.. so max blocking is..hmmm :scratch:

5. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

well you must have done something wrong with your necro like (spirit/spear) go to the necro forum and read some guides and ask a few questions trust me its a blast doing pit runs with a skelliemancer. Or follow fishymancers guide you can do hell baal runs better than anyone in the game IMHO.

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

You DID hire a Might merc did you?

And you DO use Amp Damage or Decrep, yes?

Then you don't need any +skill gear to solo Hell. Why I can even do it with a naked Necro, though it would be somewhat more difficult.

7. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Another ex-skelli here. lvl 84 now a high-level mule. With +10 skills and yes, might merc. You can solo, and yes, skeletons have tons of life. But progress is very slow. One of the best sources of MF is joining other peeps games and do quickly shenk, pindle and/or go straigh to meph. By the time I had raised the army other characters had join the game and done that very fast, particularly those &##@%#@@ sorcs :).

8. durph

durph IncGamers Member

can't imagine what you did wrong. mine solos baal easily. it takes a while to kill baal but he hardly gets scratched doing so.

9. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Even multiplayer is possible. Skelliemancer is the safest character to play and you can get absolute tons of MF on him and still kill stuff (in 1 player games that is)

But it's all about how you play it. Single monsters are not as easilly dispatched, whereas a whole mob is on the ground in seconds. When you've got that first kill, just Amp and spam CE. You should see my level 91 Necro in Hell Cows, they drop like flies.

But this is getting way off topic so I'd advise you to take a look in the Necro forum.

10. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

Strenght is a little to high. Even if you wanted to opt for SS, you could hel it (i believe, I keep forgetting the - req rune) and then by using war travs w + str,and or other items that give you + str, you could easily carry SS.

However, if your on the cheapest (atrib wise) shield for max block than whistans, If you want + skills, then go for an upgraded viscer. either of these do not require near teh strenght your carrying now and are jusy as effective...IMO)

Dex is dependant upong shield, as stated aldready. If you opt for the uped viscer, 203 is all you need by lvl 90 to get max block.

My current sorc project is only lvl 82, and cakewalked through teh first four acts of hell, is a goddess in nm, (even with reduced equip to allow for MF increase), and well norm....who cares, she omnipotent

With your current hit level, an you really need is to upgrade equipment for both you and your merc, add some + skills, and enjoy.

For + skills, IMO the best solution is full tals set, w upgrade viscer, 2 soj, magefist, 2 each + skills charms, and an anni.

This adds up to a whopping +12 skills, adds to all other attribs, increases base MF rate, and add 85% to FC.

For footwear, wartravs. Adds MF def and str. (Don't leave home without them)

For 2 weap switch, dual isted all, and rhymes trolls nest.

Before you all go ""Holy cow it'll take a year to get it all, think again." I took me, approximately 2 months of questing/leveling/and mid level MF runs (Norm/NM Andy, meph) to find some decent trading fodder. I got lucky with the soj, (very lucky). I also started re-rolling charms for tegh + skills. While I did not get many sorc charms, I did get some trading stuff that went a long way to getting my equipment.

Your build is not too bad, and it is salvagable, but it'll take a bit of MF running and trading to get her equipment upgraded.

Cheers!

storm

11. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

beautifull necro discussion here :)

do the guys who kill slow use corpse explosion at a decent level ?