Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How is FOH fun?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by IN_FLAMES, Jun 2, 2005.

1. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

How is FOH fun?

Im just wondering how people find this class fun... It obviously takes no skill at all because you just click anywhere on the screen and it hits your enemy..

Today I was dueling some lame FOHer who was level 85 using vipermagi tals mask pretty much all crappy stuff, and I was on my tele-ww barb using good gear. All he did was attack me while i was naked or BOing and then say 'Cry?' over and over again. Then when I finally got my body and BO'ed in the cold plains I beat him over and over, and he claimed I use auto-aim.

Wtf? First of all I dont use it, and second of all, he's a damn foher, which is instant autoaim..

anyways, enough with the lame story. How is pointing and clicking and having your enemy die, then typing in random insults fun?

2. Gibby

Gibby Banned

Some people find that it makes them more masculine if they get the easiest way to be good at anything and beat the other person and brag. *Sigh* Yes even on online RPGs. I know, it's sad really. :(

3. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

I find it ok. Kinda fun watching people die in one hit. But then again i play like almost every character.

4. Izo Huio

Izo Huio IncGamers Member

Well... FOH is on a timer, seriously limiting it's effectivness against monsters.

However, it does take alot of skill to successfully make a FOHer... however, A fully sygerized FOH will have maxed out Holy Shock, And that combined with Zeal makes a easy battle out of even the living, then just the undead. Where FOH is superior.

However, your right, in PvP, it is a very cheap way to kill, and a fully sygernized FOH can kill you, unless your resistance to Lighting is VERY high. The way to avoid this is to keep them in hit recovery, and get them locked into it very fast. If there in hit recovery, they can't cast, therefore, they can't cheese kill you...

5. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

It takes no skill to make an foher. All it requires is wealth so you can 2-3 hit ppl.

6. Izo Huio

Izo Huio IncGamers Member

I fail to see how owning Wealth lets you easily make an FOHer, the skill timer is still there. Besides, you gotta realise, that some runes are harder to find, and some player can't get access to them, either by themselves, or by trading.

7. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy IncGamers Member

i dont understand why your *%&@ing about FOH, thats just what FOHers want. I have many a dueling char, including a nice FOHer. He kills the majorety of people in 1 hit, and its #%*@ wicked fun. People like you are especially fun.... ZAP ! ! ! u die, whine whine whine, i laugh my ass off. Ive been playing this game for a long time, Ive slaughtered a lotta good barbs with my barb in legitmate duels, ive also been killed by good barbs many times. I give credit where credit is due to those who beat me and i avoid verbal wars with people on B net. That being said FOH is every bit as legitimat a skill as Whirlwind. If you dont like it, ABSORB it, its a rediculously easy skill to overcome. If your too lazy to do that then leave the game. Simple as that. Getting in a verbal war with noob FOHers is EXACTLY what they want. They want to piss you off and get a rise outta you through verbal abuse and NK. As for my own FOHer, i love entering a game and killing all 7 other people in a row in one hit. I dont NK and if someone asks me to unhostile nicely i do it. If you absorb me and beat me... congrats, serves me %&#@ right for only using one skill. As with any other class, FOHers have weaknesses, probably more than others. Smite/charge with good resists/salvation mess me up. I dont whine about smite or absorb, i simply pick my battles and lose graciously. In conclusion, Everyone complains about every different class, Cookie cutter Hammerdins, FB sorces, Trapsins, but the fact remains, they are all LEGITIMATE SKILLS in the game. If you dont like it, join a private dueling league, or better yet, grow a set and quit %@#& Whining. :thumbsup:

8. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

When I'm dueling I like to be challenged and actually play good to win, FOH takes 0 skill whatsoever, and you jimmy have only proved my point more about FOHers being BM.

9. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

The part he probably most enjoys about being a FOHer is that he knows you'll go and get worked up and whine about it like this...

10. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

i dont think foh is bm AT ALL...... all you need to do is to stack resist and a piece of t-god will nerf the damage ALOT..... if they are start nking (which is BM) simply slap on 2 wisp (maybe not even needed, 85 resist and sorb on t-god will do the job)... there you go.... not that hard to keep a 160 light resist shield and togd in your stash.... if you are too lazy to keep resist gear, you DESERVE to lose....

sry i am just being honest here.... low resist vs. foher is very much like suicide.... unless you are a wind druid of course....

btw pure foher is VERY VERY VERY easy to counter....... only unprepared dueler :rolleyes: will lose to one (v/t or t/v of coz is another story)

11. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

FOH is easy. And Jimmy is right, it does make pvp more fun when people cry sometimes. I loved watching FOHers cry when they couldnt put a dent in my light/es sorc' life and then whine when they saw i was wearing no sorb and wasn't stacking.

12. jimmyjimmy

Im glad we all agree, FOH is legit, If your too lazy to stack against it ...... @%&* You ! and Flame is a whiny girl :clap: If you want a boring "fair" fight, Join temple duels (where you have to duel with cracked swords and sashes and arnt alowed to use skills or any #$%* thing that makes the game interesting) For me however i choose pubbies, where the real challenge to dominate lies.

13. foh pally

foh pally IncGamers Member

Ok, First off I don't kow about any one else but i can't just click and shoot with my foher,even usin auto shoot or w/e its called. I have a pure foher and a mage(72) i'm still building. I win alot and I lose alot, Its just another skill, and when dueling the right ppl takes some skill to duel with. You wanna know, you build one and go up against a wind druid, bowazon, pnb nec,w/e. I don't know about anyone else but i saw this as a defensive build and built it as such(granted i still have a lvl 38 foh with max power gear on). But you build one and duel with it for about a week or so then come back and post your opinions.

14. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

4 sock monarch with 4 topaz = GG pure foher. Simple as that.

15. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Foh is not fun at all, nobody but screwed people find this build funny by itself (so bonring, go pvm with it, pffff). What many people loves is to kill you without any trouble and then mess up with you, make you wine and cry etc...many people has a really good time with such activity, and foh is a great build for that, dont you think?

16. skilledlord

Stop whining about foh, it's a skill for a type of character. People say no skill required blah blah blah, but any good one will need some skills. If you don't like foh killing you, make one yourself or beat them.

edit: they also pretty ez to kill. bowzons usually have a chance.

17. wraithreaper

wraithreaper IncGamers Member

jimmys right. an FOHer only has tons of fun when a baby is whining about losing to it. in my opinion a trapsin is worse than a FOHer. they can lay 5 traps that do just as much as 1 FOH. so start complaining about them too man. FOH is only good for duels because most of the time the monsters are demons not undead so it only hits one thing. man you get slaughtered in hell if you dont know how to play well. trapsins are all around godly so i refuse to make one. they can do almost anything better than anyone and they do it while being sissys.

18. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

@skilledlord: just wonderin what kind of skills do u need to play a fohadin?

19. jimmyjimmy

Every bit as much skill as a trapsin who tps around her traps, or a 125 fcr Bone nec or FB sorc that TPs around and spams there $%^& everywhere. U still gotta flash em with conviction before you FOH, u still gotta dodge their attacks. So, like any character, it requires SOME skill, even if its not as much as with a kicksin or other more skill intensive builds. If you really wanna talk about a dueling build that requires no skill to play with, then pick on poor point, click and hold zealots :D (dont get me wrong, i still like zealots)
    Now Please, can we all just stop whining about FOH and just learn to live with it? I mean, really, its not going anywere so you might as well deal with it.

20. skilledlord

Just like any other player. You have to stay alive, move character around. If the foh doesn't kill in one hit, the pally is in trouble.