Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How is Enhanced damage calculated

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Deathlok2001, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

How is Enhanced damage calculated

For example, if i have a bow that does 1000 dam......and I put a 40 ed jewel in it......will it give me an added 400 dam for a total of 1400

I was just wondering since i have 1 more socket quest to use on my helm. I have a lvl 85 strafer. She has 130% IAS, 19% LL, 6% ML...uses a shealed WF....with her might merc she does 650-3600 dam.....i was wondering if
    another ED jewel would be a good choice to put in my helm. ( I already have 1 in my armour)

2. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

As far as I know ED only adds to the minimum damage you do. The exact formula is not present in my mind atm :scratch:

Anyone else...?

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

It depends on where you have that 40% ED socketed. In the weapon, it affects the base damage, where it will do the most good. Outside the weapon it adds differently (at the same time your +str or +dex bonuses come in)

If you have a bow that does 100-200 BASE damage (i.e. it's a gray socketed weapon) then you'll end up with a bow that does 141-281 damage (%ED grants a +1 to min and max after your calculation).

If you're adding it to a bow that's already giving you an Enhanced Damage mod, then you just change the calculation. If you have a bow that's 200% ED (the base damage X3), and you make it 240% ED, you just multiply the base X 3.4 now.

4. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

I am adding the ED jewel to a helm.....so how is it different than adding it to the weapon.....

5. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

This is what you are looking for: Amazon Forum FAQ page 2.

ED in gear other than your weapon only increases damage based on the listed weapon damage and minimum/maximum damage modifiers in your gear.
    Suppose your bow does 100-500 damage and you have 5 minimum damage and 15 maximum damage in your gear then a 40% ED jewel will add:
    (100+5) * 0.4 = 42 minimum damage
    (500+15) * 0.4 = 206 maximum damage

To get an indication of your case you can also unequip your armor and see the effects that has on your damage. Since you already have an ED jewel in there you should get an idea what damage gain you can expect.