Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How is Diablo 2 good?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by xStorm92, Oct 21, 2014.

1. xStorm92

xStorm92 IncGamers Member

I recently started play Diablo 2 to see how it was, and all i found was that I kept dying over and over trying to do the first couple of quests. How is a game fun when all you do is die, run back to get ur stuff back and die all over again for over 20 minutes? It just seems to be pointless waste of time to me.

2. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Well, maybe take a little more time and kill everything in the same zone before moving on to the next. That way you'll level up, get some better gear, and get the hang of your skills first.

When I come back to D2 and start a new character I'll spend some time killing everything in the blood moor and the den of evil. I'll usually get a few levels and have enough gold and armor and I can comfortably move on to the other A1 quests within an hour or so.

3. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

What class are you playing and what is killing you exactly? Corpsefire or Blood Raven?

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Tactics, my friend. Hit and run when you need to, including going back to town voluntarily to resupply potions. Learn how to use doorways and other obstacles to delay monster attacks / bottleneck them. People here have finished the game on Hell difficulty with pretty severe self-imposed restrictions about skills and gear to challenge themselves, and many others (including myself) have finished the game (going through all five acts on all three difficulties) on Hardcore mode, where if you die it's all over. One of the reasons this game still attracts new players is that it's not one where you can just charge in and expect to destroy everything. It does reward planning and patience.

coju likes this.
  5. Evilfury

Evilfury IncGamers Member

Its got... The Necromancer

[​IMG]
    Well at least I find playing this character class fun... :D

This and more to know right there at the Arreat Summit ;)

What he says...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Been playing an Amazon on HC lately. Singleplayer. (because Im waiting for a new ladder)

And its even more important to know how the game works then. Havent died yet, and Im in Hell A1.

That bloody hardhitting BI**** countess has been giving me trouble lately.
    She will go down though, with my newly found Titans Revenge, she doesnt know whats coming..

Peace and love

7. dreadinc

dreadinc IncGamers Member

cant really see how u could be dying ... cause a1 norm mobs die from lvl1 fire aura of pala.

and even if you do skip mobs ... and just do quests you shouldnt realy be dying act1 - so long as u stay away from screens full of mobs.
    if packs of mobs rush u ... run forest run !

if u still stuck ... read a cookie cutter guide so u do best dps from start - instead of learning what works

8. Blizzfan

Blizzfan IncGamers Member

Well, you are obviously a troll or complete idiot
    How could you possibly die that many times on the first act then post a thread claiming the game is too hard? Then when people reply to your "question" you don't post any more on the thread/

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

When considering that you started to attack others with your second posting, I'm not sure how much incertainty is left to the question which kind person you might be.

Archone likes this.
  10. Deuterium

Deuterium IncGamers Member

Take the stick out of your arse.

OP you're a pleb. Quit PC gaming and smash head against sink.

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Your posting makes me angry, but perhaps we just have a small misunderstanding about what you are suggesting to me. It might help if you elaborate or clarify your point about that. I'm pretty sure that I understood your point of view about D2 newcomers though.

As usual, the more I write in reply to postings like yours, the angrier I get, so I better stop at this point.