How important is leap?

dynjl

Diabloii.Net Member
How important is leap?

How important is leap in PVM or PVP? My main skill is WW and I normally tele to get out of trouble. My current leap lvl is 9. Should I pump it higher, say to about 12-15, or just put the left over pts in Iron skin (currently 12)?

Ce Olba

Banned
How important is leap in PVM or PVP? My main skill is WW and I normally tele to get out of trouble. My current leap lvl is 9. Should I pump it higher, say to about 12-15, or just put the left over pts in Iron skin (currently 12)?
In PvP, on a BvC or a BvA, Leap is extremely necessary and needs to be at LEAST lvl 19 ALWAYS.

For PvM it's a nice skill to have but not necessary.

avm

Diabloii.Net Member
For pvp I understand it's very useful, but I'm no expert in pvp. For pvm i'd say having more than 1 point in it is a waste, unless you're using it in something of a novelty build. Even a lvl 1 leap with a couple +skills is enough to break up crowds with knockback if thats what you want to do, and the range is quite enough too.

What level are you, anyway? Seems like max WW + mastery + BO + shout + level 9 leap wouldn't leave that many points to play around with. On a side note I personally would pump shout before iron skin since the defense benefit is the same and you synergize the BO duration...

avm

Diabloii.Net Member
In PvP, on a BvC or a BvA, Leap is extremely necessary and needs to be at LEAST lvl 19 ALWAYS.

For PvM it's a nice skill to have but not necessary.
I'm curious, what's the reason for level 19? Is there some sort of hidden breakpoint when it comes to knockback, or is that when the kb radius reaches the size of the screen or something along those lines?

TheBe

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm curious, what's the reason for level 19? Is there some sort of hidden breakpoint when it comes to knockback, or is that when the kb radius reaches the size of the screen or something along those lines?
The radius is higher then (I got maxed leap on my bvc, so leap affects over whole screen).

Ce Olba

Banned
At lvl 19, the radius indeed is exactly that of a screen except for the corners. That's why.