Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How i lost my stormshield :( sad story

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by xKurupT, Mar 7, 2004.

1. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

How i lost my stormshield :( sad story

I was doing hell anya and i died... as i dont have the strength to use ss when i died i need to put a strength armor on pick up my ss then put my tals armor back on... as ss gives 30 strengths its all ok... the problem is i died again with my body with all my equipment on so i had 2 bodies with items on them (i think).. one body with all my gear the 2nd with ss... as the entrance of river was now full of lightning gloams i was f**ked.. i rejoined got my sorcs body from town as i couldnt get it form river but my ss was gone... thinking my ss went pop with my 2nd body i got my tank of a barb to go their but their was no ss to find... has anyone had this happen to them??? i thouhgt blizzard fix the body problems but it seams they havnt... if you have more the 1 body with items u can say bye bye.... ohwell one more good item i have lost due to game being ghey...

2. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

Blizzard did fix the body problem. There is no more popping. You can avoid losing your items by simply NOT EQUIPPING ANYTHING AFTER YOU DIE. It's pretty simple actually. Sorry about your SS, but it's your fault.

Mith

3. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

there didnt fix popping cos my body went pop... i think they let u have an many bodies drop as u want but i think i know what went wrong.. while u can have asmany bodies as u want if u join a different game u can only have 1 body... and i quit and rejoined to try and do anya quest but only 1 nody was in town not 2.. so i got barb to go down to anya and my ss wasnt there... so i dunno if my body went pop or it probly vanished... if i didnt rejoin i probly woulda got my ss back but cos it was a private game and none of my friends were on at the time i thought it would bea good idea to rejoin but in the end it wasnt...

when i picked up body its picks up my gear except ss cos i dont have the strength, so i went to town swaped my tals armor for my strength armor then went down to get my ss but died again

now i was complete nakid and screwed cos there were to many lightning gloam monsters...

4. raiderjb

raiderjb IncGamers Member

I lost a couple of good items due to the body collection process.

When you are levelling you are so desperate to get body back without dyeing again that it is easy to click on an item you thought was your body and lo and behold you die again.

The item you thought was you body is in place and when you rejoin to got you body back (without all that hard earned xp) your uber item has gone in a puff of smoke.

Trust me its easily done

5. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

i never picked up a item.. its cos i coudlnt equipt my ss so i had all my items but my body left in anya still has the ss on it... so it musta did the same thing as if i picked up a random item on the ground... if i knew this problem still existed i would of quit and not try and get body but because blizzard said they fixed it i thought id be ok... oh well atleast i know for next time and i have learnt from my mistake.. i hope other people read this and realise duel corpses can still loose items though blizzard says they fixed it.... i think its the quiting and rejoining that causes the problem..

6. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

If you die a couple times and have multiple bodies left around only one is going to carry over if you decide to exit that game.

If xKurupT had two bodies in that game when he left, only one body will be present next to him when he joins a new game. If the SS wasn't on that body, good bye SS.

7. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

It could of been worse.. what happens if the game decided for me to keep my ss body and not my other body i woulda of lost my occulus 141 d shako, 2 sojs, tals belt/ammy/armor, 39 chance and 45 war travs... that woulda sucked and i would of stopped playing the game if that happened... i surpose i should considered my self lucky and atleast i know for next time...

8. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

um I thought if you quit and create games again, there's only one body left on the new game, which is the same body you have when you die last.

This is my experience in pre1.10 though, but it makes a lot of sense. What blizzard fix is that when you don't have enough inventory slots, the rest of the items don't drop out of your body (for others to steal it). The body will still be there with the items you haven't picked up yet.

9. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

On 1.10 you will have multiple bodies, but the body whose items ammount a higher ammount of gold if sold to a vendor is the one that will persist from game to game...

Pre 1.10 it wasn´t the same bodie when you die last, it was the same body you had with items on it when you die last, and if you already had a body with items and where trying to pick it up with anything on and you died, well the first body would POP, it would do a small *explosion* and throw the items around the floor...

This is perfectly documented on the patch readme, so it cannot be accounted as a fault on blizzards side... it still scks, i know :(...

10. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

One simple solution is : be wise and rejoin game when u die. Then u can loose some exp but u won't be making any mistake by picking up item on the way when u run to get back your body in middle of a pack of gloams/souls/vipers etc...