Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how i got ripped off

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Basil, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Basil

Basil IncGamers Member

how i got ripped off

I went to trade for an annihalus charm, I dropped my eaglehorn bow, he dropped the charm and i thought i got it but it did not show up he said you need to activate the charm and bnet would send it, he had me type my user name and password and activate anniaulus and we waited, it did not show up. He then got into my account and stole everything of value for my zon, The name was Itz Michael so watch he does not rip you off too. got it

2. RandomInsanity

RandomInsanity IncGamers Member

ouch.
    a lesson to all. never give out your password to anyone, it won't fix ANYTHING.

3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yeah, I got ripped off with the annihilus small charm scam. It's really popular now among scammers, I mean it does promote scamming.

4. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

Was the original poster of this topic being entirely serious about what they said? I'm having trouble believing the legitimacy of it. I mean, really. Wtf.

5. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Never. Give. Your. Password. To. Anyone. EVER!

I'm sorry about your losses Basil, but please learn to use common sense when it comes to trading. You were scammed by just about the dumbest trick in the book.

6. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Let it be a lesson to you. Not to say you deserved it, but you were asking for it. Does it not asy everytime you enter BNET: Do not give your password to anyone, even blizzard employees! Even if it doesn't - do you go writing out your credit card number to strangers?!

Common sense and some thoughtful reflection could have prevented this whole mess. I don't feel good about saying this, but I can't even feel sorry for you.

7. GIR

GIR Banned

Maybe hes brand new to the game

Either that, or completely mental...

8. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

whats that all about though?? active the anihilus charm??

im surprised the scammer even tried such a crappy scam but o well. Basil knows better now, and hopefully like ive grown to learn, will no longer trust anyone on realm.

you MP guys r the only ppl for me :D

9. Knarl

Knarl IncGamers Member

He hosed you good... :xeek:

10. TiggerTheDragon

TiggerTheDragon IncGamers Member

Dude, your first clue should have been, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN AN ITEM THAT NEEDS TO BE ACTIVATED BY GIVING ANOTHER PLAYER YOUR NAME AND PASSWORD? come on man!

11. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

well its just somtimes we get crazy over something we really need. I did something to that extent..but nowhere near the conseqences...I droped my Annie charm on the ground (which is something, I always preach not to do) to get some IK armor.
    The guy came in, showed me the armor, then proceeded to drop it in some act, left, came back with a lvl 7 to do the trade....I aldry was freaking out, and was like why did you have to get another character...(which is odvious now, hes high lvl sorc can't hold it, becasue she alrdy had one, but the lvl 7...ahh.:))....so, I decided, naw I aint going to do this, buy then...BAM!, IK armor was on the ground, a screen away! Man I couldnt help myself, I had to chance his honesty....so I dropped mine, we both stood there....then I ran over as fast as I could to grab the armor.

The armor disappeared just as I got like an inch from it, and then I quickly ran back to my charm, but somehow I couldnt pick it up? And she very casually grabbed my charm, and left the game.....at the time, I had 2 charms, and had fought the clone 4 times that day! So I thought no big deal, ....the only problem is....now I aint seen that basterd DC since! And I miss my charm!!!

LOL.:)

12. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

i duno what is more painful? how sad that basil went for that scam, or the fact that he HAD a eagle! i've been playing forever and have never found an eagle! i'm assuming hes not been playing long cuase of, lol, well u know, omg thats sad...

my little bro got scammed a while back, the dupe scam, u know the drop ur item at the corner of town, then hit alt f4 and ur item will duplicate, lol, i still make fun of him for that one

13. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

I dont know if that was on ladder but another good way to know if hes scamming you is that most of the time they wont ask for a LOT of items for annihilus... so if they only want an eagle ... you know hes gonna scam you.. most people sell annihilus for WAY WAY more than that.