Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How I got my Zod

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Battleseed, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battleseed

Battleseed IncGamers Member

How I got my Zod

How I got my Zod...

So you want that BoTD, but you know deep down that Zod rune is never going to drop for ya. Guess what. It doesn't ever have to! You can make it with your Horadic Cube. OK, so this may not be news to 90% of you people that been around a while, but how many of you can honestly say you pick up every single rune that drops. Probably very few cuz it’s a pain in the rear. Who the heck wants to mule every Eth rune they get with ATMA as Eth #1, Eth #2, Eth #3 and so on. It's silly and a waist of time.

Here is my method. Doesn't matter what char I am on, the act I am in or difficulty level. I mule all my stuff to one stash anyway. So I keep a running tally of every rune drop I get on paper. A single column down the paper with all runes listed from El to Zod. Once I have a rune type via drop or cubing, I never pick up another of that kind again. Just mark it on my tally sheet as being in my stash. With the lower runes that you don’t need gems for, I just mark off every 3rd one back to 0 and add 1 to the next type of rune. Like this:

El 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 0 1 2
    Eld 1 2 3 0 1 2
    Tir 1 2 3 0
    Nef 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 0
    Eth 1 2 3 0
    Ith 1

The last number in each row is the number of runes currently available in the stash. If you use a rune for an item, then subtract it accordingly. When you get to create Amn runes and beyond, you need to use gems too. Use this same method for tracking the gems. Who wants to load up their stash with a zillion chipped gems? At Um rune and beyond, you only need two runes and a gem to make the next one. Using this method, I currently have one of every type of rune and gem in my stash and that is only after a few months of play. You would be surprised how fast the low and mid runes add up. I’m sure some math geek (I say that with love) is already figuring out how many El runes it takes to make a Zod :scratch:

So the short of the long of it is, simply keep track of your rune drops, use the Horadic Cube and the ATMA tool to save you time and eventually you too will have the elusive Zod.

-Good Luck :thumbsup:

Ps: Got all the cubing info in PDF format from http://www.brittonrobbins.com/D2Info.htm

2. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

I think its about four billion

3. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Just a warning - you're going to get questioned a lot if you try to trade that. There are some "math geeks" who have worked out how long it would take you to get enough runes to cube a Zod, and I forsee a lot of argument in this thread.

4. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

I second that. For the zod to be legit you have to manually pick up every rune that drops. Though I never trade, I would not accept your zod, not even if you gave it for free.

5. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Some calculation yielded that 1 minute Countess runs on average would drop enough Ists for a Zod if you'd do said 1 minute runs during 6 years. Full-time. Guess why cubing a Zod from 'lower runes' is pretty much considered impossible.

6. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

I am supprised :lol:

You are kididng though right?

edit: 14.2 trillion el's
    7.1 trillion eld's
    725.5 million amn's

all to make a zod

btw u will need 59049 el's to even get to AMN. It would be far easier to find the rune than cube it :lol:

7. Battleseed

Wrong...if you have 2 Cham and a Flawless Emerald you can Cube the Zod. Does Cubing it make it any less legit? Your an idiot if you answer yes.

This thread was not about trading runes, it was about cubing them for your own use.

8. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

I will cube up to zod.
    I dont care how long it will take.
    I pick up every rune, even El, and everytime I see one I am happy as if a great unique dropped.
    I keep runes up to tal in my stash and cube them, the rest goes on mules, if three come together I put them in stash and cube them and back to mule.
    I will trade for runes.
    Why would a person who hacks or dupes runes trade for them??, only out of some malice or something like that.
    If that is the case then everybody who trades runes is already infected.
    So its anybodys choice, not to trade at all, and stay perfect clean or trade and eventually get a duped rune.
    I will trade, if somebody will trade me a duped rune I dont know that, I will give my perfectly legit rune or item and my consience is clear.
    So I feel pure as long as I am, myself pure. :innocent:

9. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Look at it this way; it would take over 4,000,000,000,000 El runes to cube a single Zod. I doubted this until I did the math myself, and it is correct.

OK, you say, but surely you can find higher level runes if you look hard enough? Well, as mentioned above, if one runs the great runedropper, The Countess, you can possibly find up to an Ist rune (note that it is comparable to saying "Baal can drop a Sacred Armor")...but you would need 1,024 Ists to reach the Zod.

I will not openly skepticize your claim of cubing one; but I would ask you to expect criticism in light of the difficult odds in doing so, mathematically speaking.

Steve

10. Battleseed

Look you bunch of Anal retents...Im not really suggesting you or I make a Zod from a billion Els. That was a joke. What I am saying is they are not worthless, here is a method to track them and make use of them that is EASY to do. A quick look at your sheet will tell you exactly how many runes you have available.

If you want to save and rename every rune you get, fine do it. Mean time I will be running the pit and playing the game.

No my Zod was not made from all lower runes. I had high level ones drop as well and eventualy cubed 2 Cham to get the Zod. A Zod has never droped for me, and probably never will. Yet, im not going to let that stop me by only using a Zod that was "droped". Quote statistics all you want, but try my method for a week or two and see how easy it is. Stay honest with your count and and you will see its really an easy system.

11. Darkist Reign

Darkist Reign Banned

12. Bolinbrooke

no one ever suggested that cubing to legit cham's to a zod makes the zod unlegit.

However, collecting runes for a few months and claiming you have cubed to a ZOD legitly is lunacy.

btw, name calling will not get you anywhere :) have a nice day :)

13. Crudesash68

OK...first, you suggest someone is an idiot, and now we're anal retentive. If you have not noticed, this is not a forum that takes kindly to people who come in and insult other members. We all know about the rune cubing recipe; we understand how it works, and we all cube runes when we have the chance.

It is not credible to suggest that a Zod can be cubed within a few months play unless a great deal of high end runes drop; Surs, Bers, Chams, Ists, Vexs, etc. These are not easy to find, and you can cube all the low and mid level runes you like, it is just not easy to get a Zod.

How about discussing this intelligently without dropping insults?

Steve

14. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Ooh, ooh, here comes another math geek: Don't forget all the cubing opperations you would have to do. To cube a Zod from El's, doing one cube a second would take you years to reach a Zod. Let alone finding all the runes, and muling them.

We don't necessarily doubt the legitimacy(sp?) of your Zod. If you were lucky enough to find some high level runes to cube the Zod, it is possible, but if you found all those high level runes, than cubing all of your El's really played a very small role in obtaining the Zod.

You have to admit that our doubts are not totally unfounded.

Z_O

15. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It is actually useful to pick up every rune along the way, since some of the runes below Zod can be quite handy too :)

Besides which, what happens if you suddenly need 2 El runes but have only one in your stash? I always like to prepare for such contingencies...

16. Crudesash68

I save every rune I find as well, and cube up as soon as I have 4 of the low level runes (El-Ort). I have all runes up to Mal, save Um & Lem, and I think I could reach Ist in the next few months, if I work at it.

Steve

17. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

"Look you bunch of Anal retents"... hej, I hope you dont mean me I might get offended :creep:

I like your idea of cubing the zod, and the method is I am sure, very good.
    I will just not follow it cause I dont like math, I do all things by instict, such kind of person.

So, I have found one vex, one gul from hellforge, two puls,one lem, one fal, two kos, two lums, a few hels, a bunch of dols and ios in one and half month )(with just few countess runs) while questing and mf-inding.
    I dont count the lower runes I have found and cubed.
    I play about 8 hours D2 daily.
    How much time would it take approximately for me to get to a zod with such drops, and not to forget trading.

No, noone has to really answer this, since I dont have all the x and y for a exact mathematical formula.

18. Battleseed

DarkChaos did exactly that.

One sentence you call me a lunatic, then the next you tell me name calling wont get me anywhere. Nice contradiction.

Look peeps, beleive me or not about the Zod. The main point of the post was how I track my runes and how easy it is to do with my system. Use it, dont use it...up to you. Sorry I got upset and called names, but a lot of folks who post here ARE very Anal. This is the 2nd time I got slamed over this rune. Maybe I should have titled the post "how I track my runes" or something.

Anyway, those that will read this and maybe think "that seems easier than the way I have ben doing it. Let me give it a try" I applaud you. The rest of you that only come away from this post with "no way he made a Zod" or something like that can piss off.

Nikstone - well said

19. Crudesash68

I will say this as delicately as I can. You have been a member for a very short while, your posts both here and in the trade threads smack of obnoxiosness and scorn. Your remark in the trade thread which is to the effect that "why should you care how you get your runes, this is single player" reveals your ignorance regarding the members of this forum and how we feel about such things. Your post calling us "anal retents" has been reported. Have a nice day.

Steve

20. Bolinbrooke

A claim can be lunacy, but that does not mean I said you are a lunatic

But beleive what you want and I will beleive what i want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.